PDA

View Full Version : finnaly finnished nvq 3

stressed
22-03-2010, 02:13 PM
finnaly finnished nvq 3. I started in september & i have know finnished so i supose it wasnt that bad. i would like to say a big thanxs to everyone that helped me out when i had brain block :blush: Although ive finnished ive been given an equality & diversity home learning pack so that should be fun:panic:

miffy
22-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Congratulations - I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I finished mine! :D

Was looking forward to lots of free time but then they brought in eyfs :rolleyes:

What's the diversity and equality thing for?

Miffy xx

Helen Dempster
22-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Well done you :clapping: I'm yet to start mine! My assessor was due round this afternoon to run me through it all and get me started, but she phoned to cancel, as she's ill :( I just want to get on with it. You did it in great time, hopefully mine won't take ages and ages. I'll probably be on here asking you for advice (prior warning) :D

stressed
22-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Congratulations - I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I finished mine! :D

Was looking forward to lots of free time but then they brought in eyfs :rolleyes:

What's the diversity and equality thing for?

Miffy xx

It is a level 2 certificate that includes 3 units, equality & diversity. prejudice & discrimination. peoples rights & responsibilities. The things i get my self into!!

Probey9
22-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Well done to you, I am 3 units down and a long way to go. You should be thrilled, I know I will be when I eventually finish!!

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
22-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Well done I started mine in September as well hoping to have it finished really soon. :clapping: :clapping:

Jules27
22-03-2010, 06:17 PM
WELL DONE!!! I started in october and still a long long way to go:( my assessor is pretty useless, i see her every 5 - 6 weeks, getting no where fast. Think she must have realised this as on last visit gave me 2 units knowledge to do:rolleyes: hmmm, well not seeing her till april 19th so hopefully will get them done, nearly done 302 so then have easter hols to work on 307. However I think now i'm well into it some bits are cross referenced so probably further through than i'm thinking iyswim? You must feel like a huge weight has been lifted off now!!! xxx:)

p.s and after reading this thread am now off to spend an hour on my nvq as have house to myself!!!!:D

cas2805
22-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Very well done. I started mine in September and am due to finish June/July. Got a call today from them saying that they are looking for a new assessor for me as the previous one has moved away. No idea how long that will take. I asked about my existing work and he didn't know where that was! My assessor has been fobbing me off since November with various excuses, I am really concerned that they have lost it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zoomie
22-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Well done you.

I just can't seem to get into mine.

I lost my computer last weekend and lost my 3rd assignment (well abt 9 pgs of it).

I called my assessor to tell her what had happened and she said not to worry if I don't have it finished for when she comes tomorrow.

Well I have done 1 page :rolleyes:

LisaH
22-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Well done you:clapping:

I've just completed mine today too!!! Started it in October:)

It looks like some people have got awful assessors:(

doodles
22-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Well done, im starting mine next month. Is it really hard?

NANDA
22-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Well done you.

I just can't seem to get into mine.

I lost my computer last weekend and lost my 3rd assignment (well abt 9 pgs of it).

I called my assessor to tell her what had happened and she said not to worry if I don't have it finished for when she comes tomorrow.

Well I have done 1 page :rolleyes:

hi well done. I am doing my DHC unit 4 very difficult.

ORKSIE
22-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Well done you :clapping: :clapping:

cas2805
22-03-2010, 08:42 PM

I wouldn't say it is really hard, just takes a lot of your time. You thought planning, obs etc took up your evenings & weekends!

Google and Wiki have been great friends to me :)

Jules27
22-03-2010, 08:51 PM

'Hard' isn't really the right word for it. There is an awful lot to it but think it depends on how good your assessor is as to how long it takes and how much writing you need to do!!! Think I have done bits of 5 or 6 units so far and completed 1 whole one!!! oh well, am sure she must know what she's doing in setting my work!!!:rolleyes: ALso sometimes its the learning how to understand NVQ 'speak' as not always in plain English. I am enjoying doing it and have learnt quite a lot so far and my setting is benifiting from my new knowledge!!!:)

Desi-101
22-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Well done, and so quick wish I could start but can't get funding until I have an eyfs child to mind as only have schoolie at moment! have all the time to do it now too ha ha:clapping:

manjay
22-03-2010, 10:49 PM
My assessor was fab. I hardly wrote a thing. It was all observed and what I already had in my P & P's which I thought was the whole idea of an NVQ:rolleyes: .

Blue Boy
23-03-2010, 12:53 PM
My assessor was fab. I hardly wrote a thing. It was all observed and what I already had in my P & P's which I thought was the whole idea of an NVQ:rolleyes: .

Sally & I thought we had finished two weeks ago then got a call from our tutor today to say it needed some tweaking. We have already re written War & Peace. :angry:

Love
Mick xx

stressed
28-03-2010, 03:11 PM

NOOOO, its not hard at all just a bit long winded at times & a bit repetitive in some units you will be fine. Good luck:thumbsup:

francinejayne
28-03-2010, 03:18 PM
What exactly do you have to do for the NVQ? I've sent im my form to apply for it (andwill chase them up tomorrow to check where it's up to!), and I've bought myself a great book which I'm enjoying reading, but I don't know what you have to actually 'do' to complete the NVQ!

stressed
28-03-2010, 03:31 PM
What exactly do you have to do for the NVQ? I've sent im my form to apply for it (andwill chase them up tomorrow to check where it's up to!), and I've bought myself a great book which I'm enjoying reading, but I don't know what you have to actually 'do' to complete the NVQ!

I had a work book for each unit with a number of questions to answer some planning, assessments and obs, reflective accounts of different situations and my assessor picked up a lot of my evidence from observations. hope that helps.

francinejayne
28-03-2010, 03:43 PM
I had a work book for each unit with a number of questions to answer some planning, assessments and obs, reflective accounts of different situations and my assessor picked up a lot of my evidence from observations. hope that helps.

Thanks! Hopefully I'll find out for my self soon!