PDA

View Full Version : pox on the brain!!!

charliegee
22-03-2010, 01:46 PM
hello all - sorry to post about chicken pox again (I am a one track minded woman today!!)

if you've read my other post about it (thanks all for your really helpful replies)

just wondering something.....

I've told all the parents of children I mind that there has been chicken pox in the setting BUT

....do we HAVE to tell parents? - my thinking being do we have to tell them if another child (eg one their LO never has contact with) had eg flu, cough, conjunctivitus etc....?

or

do we only have to tell parents if their child has been in contact with a child with anything infectious?

sorry but I'm really confused

are there any set rules anywhere just for future reference?

many thanks all xxx

auntym
22-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Anything contagious I tell parents, it wouldnt be right if you knew but didnt prewarn parents, and unexpectedly they spent a wkend clearing up vomit.
They may not mix with other kids directly but could catch off your daughter maybe?
Never would I discuss anything not contagious, if its not catching then theres no concern x

charliegee
22-03-2010, 02:02 PM
ah thank you!

yes, I agree - I'd feel terrible if I knew that there was something congatious (sp?) at childminding and I hadn't said anything

honestly - I'd be lost without this forum!

xxx:clapping:

Zoomie
22-03-2010, 02:02 PM
I think it is just common courteousy to tell other parents. Its not reportable so you don't have to tell anyone.

Think of it like, you are a parent whose child has been in contact with another child who has come down with the pox and you just want to let them know.

I feel you are worried about what your parents will say. Just tell them that it is just a warning and in all likelihood will come to nothing.