PDA

View Full Version : Had an enquiry for 2011

jelly15
22-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Had an enquiry for 2011 :eek: . Explained I couldn't take bookings that far in advance but I would ring them in a few months to see if I had any changes of circumstances with LOs I already have.

This LO will be very close to school age when I am required and I would rather have a baby or toddler as the work maybe guarentteed for longer IYSWIM. Also will the two 2 1/2 year old still be with me then or will they be in part time school?

What is the longest you have taken a prebooking and would you hold out if you were me or snatch parents hand off now?

tracey36
22-03-2010, 12:49 PM
oh wow that is been very organised !!! i did have one book me when she was 4 months pregnant to start when baby was 6 weeks old

squiggle
22-03-2010, 12:54 PM
oh wow that is been very organised !!! i did have one book me when she was 4 months pregnant to start when baby was 6 weeks old

Sorry to hijack your thread

Glad you have said about this. I have a parent coming to see me next week who's baby is due in september and needs care from may 2011. It was always my impression that i couldn't take a booking until baby is born?? what did you do?? the lady wants to get things sorted and booked in ready.

I'm happy to take a deposit as i won't have a space will my dd starts school in september anyway but would be keeping the place open from september till may.

Thanks

loocyloo
22-03-2010, 01:34 PM
i've had a mum of a current mindee 'book' me for april 2011, but i won't confirm anything until babe is here - september 2010! i may ask for a deposit for babe, but no retainer, unless i have a space that i am holding!

i have had a couple of babes booked in before they are born, and i give parents a letter confirming an offer of a space, and saying it will be held until X weeks after babe born, and ask them to confirm they want to take up the space, and pay a deposit then.

good luck x

SammyM
22-03-2010, 03:49 PM
I have a place for a mindee when he starts school in 2011 (I only do before and after schools & School hols).

I'm a new CM and still have spaces, the mom was willing to pay a monthly retainer which I was a bit uncomforatble with for 18 months, so we left it that I'd keep him a place, but if I get to the point where someone else is enquiring about the place THEN the retainer will have to come into force.

I think this is fair all round.....

carlen222
22-03-2010, 06:18 PM
i have 2 that are pregnant and due this year asking about places for when baby turns 9/12 months!!! no way i can hold spaces until then!!! so i just told them i will let them know nearer the time lol xx