View Full Version : What would you do?

Jelly Baby
22-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Lol sure lots of my headings start like that!..

Ok jumping ahead to the twins starting i have a dilemma.

I have 4 school run children which fills up my car every morning..i asked the parents whether they are happy for dh to ahve them for 20 mins each morning while i still do this and they said yes BUT i have a feeling dh would ahve to do the school run which is equally fine with other parents! Ofsted iving me mixed answers..anyway

So do i have the school run kids and twins at home OR do i lose the 2 boys (who i have posted about) and take the twins to school with me?
Part of me knows i should lose the boys to make life easier in lots of ways but if the twins dont work out they are my fall back and i dont like letting people down..

So what would you do?

22-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Is he registered assitant? If so then I beleive you can leave the eyfs age group with him (with parental permission) but not the 5-7 yr olds so yes - you can do the school run I think. If he's not yr assistant then I dont think your insurance will be valid. hth xx

22-03-2010, 11:24 AM
my understanding is the same as rainbowmum above

not sure how long it takes to get an assistant registered? - I'm guessing wouldn't be as long as a CM as naturally CRB checks are in place etc

sure someone else with more experience will be along soon


Jelly Baby
22-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Hi sorry yes should have said dh is my assistant! I have had conflicting advice as to what he can/can't do! Can he stay with the twins (1.5yrs old) for the 20 mins or is it the school runs he can do?! he says he'd rather do the school runs but want to be right in what we are doing?!! All parents have either signed or the new ones are fine with this.


22-03-2010, 11:55 AM
HI :D,
So glad you got the twins, well done!!

There's a documaent in free downloads which explains the rules. I've had a quick skim through and I think your DH could do either, but you would need to contact Ofsted to get them to add the new arrangements to your certificate and he would need a paediatric first aid certificate in place...

good luck :)

bws, Wendy

22-03-2010, 11:58 AM
I was told my hubby could do both, stay and look after lo or go and do the school for me, ofsted said that xx

Jelly Baby
22-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Hi thanks ladies..i thought he could only do one or the other but tbh i'm thinking it is more hassle than good.
This morning i had to drag dh out of bed at 10am and he would have to be up at 8am each morning..this is a common occurance and i got quite cross about him offering to help and me knowing he will be useless at this rate!
I took the boys to school and colected today as normal and as some of you know they are pretty hard work and today was no different..ahhh think them and dh have made my mind up for me that i will give notice when the time comes..grrr.

Thanks for the replies x