PDA

View Full Version : EASTER EGGS / GIFTS FOR THE CHILDREN

angeldelight
22-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Do you buy easter eggs / gift for the children?

If you buy a gift instead what do you buy?

A few of my children have told me that they get about 20 eggs :laughing: unsure if that is true but just wondering what to get if I do not get an egg

Seems cheaper to stick to the egg I think?

Angel xxx

hello kitty
22-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Mmmm, already bought all my eggs for the kids. I see what you mean about having too many but hey, what a problem to have! :D

jelly15
22-03-2010, 07:56 AM
This is my first Easter as a CM and I have got them all a small egg each.

ORKSIE
22-03-2010, 08:00 AM
I am planning on a little gift each.....Think they will have enough chocolate without my contribution and plus the fact, I am mean and I dont give my Mindees sweets or choc:D

Mollymop
22-03-2010, 08:00 AM
I have got mine an egg each. Bought them yesterday, 95p each for a medium egg, from sainsbury's!:eek: bargin!

angeldelight
22-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Mmmm, already bought all my eggs for the kids. I see what you mean about having too many but hey, what a problem to have! :D

Thats what I thought just think the kids are trying to get a more expensive gift :laughing: :laughing: not daft are they kids ha ha

xxx

PixiePetal
22-03-2010, 08:02 AM
I get a few mini eggs and the kids make a basket to put them in. I have one dairy intollerant child and have found some dairy free buttons for him. At the moment they are all under 3 so not too bothered anyway.

Sometimes buy a small gift or put a little fluffy chick in with the eggs.

CAZMCA
22-03-2010, 08:04 AM
Do you buy easter eggs / gift for the children?

If you buy a gift instead what do you buy?

A few of my children have told me that they get about 20 eggs :laughing: unsure if that is true but just wondering what to get if I do not get an egg

Seems cheaper to stick to the egg I think?

Angel xxx

stick to the egg, if they get 20 one more won't hurt, and if their parents are anything like me they will end up eating them all anyway, lol :blush:

however i have got my 7mth old mindee a present, as she can't eat the choc

loocyloo
22-03-2010, 08:14 AM
i bought mine some multi coloured bouncy eggs from baker ross! we'll make some little baskets/bags and i'll pop them in there, along with a couple of tiny little eggs. for my 8mth old i've bought a little cuddly chick that chirps! (also bought one for me! LOL !)

Chatterbox Childcare
22-03-2010, 08:16 AM
I got eggs when Asda had theirs out for a £1

Chatterbox Childcare
stick to the egg, if they get 20 one more won't hurt, and if their parents are anything like me they will end up eating them all anyway, lol :blush:

however i have got my 7mth old mindee a present, as she can't eat the choc

Asda have great fluffy animals for £2.50

SparklingGems
Im still pre reg but intend to buy my mindees eggs next year.

My son has attended a few childminders and has always got eggs

except once when he got a basket full of mini eggs

TammyN
ive found little easter books for mindee's in Home and bargin and a easter cuddly £1each from Halton Haven Hospice charity so that's my lo's sorted :)

sweets
22-03-2010, 08:18 AM
when i was a nanny i bought the children a present rather than an egg, but there was too only 2 children so not doing it for mindees as there are so many more!

i will buy them a small 99p egg, i remembere being at school and children bragging about how many eggs they got and i hated it as i only had small family so only got 2 or 3 eggs at most, which i know is enough but as a child you want more! i will only get them a small one though.

i havnt got them yet as i know if there is chocolate in the cupboard i will eat it! so will get them last min :laughing:

caz3007
22-03-2010, 09:29 AM
I have bought some cellophane bags from The works with Chicks on and a selection of easter eggs, chocolate bunnies etc, whenever I have seen them on offer. Just need to sit and make up the bags.

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
22-03-2010, 10:23 AM
i have brough them a small easter egg each for £1.00

mrs lilly
22-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Not this year. I am fed up of giving birthday pressies, xmas pressie etc.. and getting nothing for me or my DD in return even though they know its her birthday etc.. I am not buying anything anymore expect maybe a small xmas pressie. Had enough of not being appreciated that and the two older ones I gave notice to last week and will only have a 11 month old when they go.

Mookins
22-03-2010, 11:40 AM
when i was a nanny i bought the children a present rather than an egg, but there was too only 2 children so not doing it for mindees as there are so many more!

i will buy them a small 99p egg, i remembere being at school and children bragging about how many eggs they got and i hated it as i only had small family so only got 2 or 3 eggs at most, which i know is enough but as a child you want more! i will only get them a small one though.

i havnt got them yet as i know if there is chocolate in the cupboard i will eat it! so will get them last min :laughing:

oh i know those days there was 5 of us kids and not many other family and money was so tight :(

youarewhatyoueat
22-03-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm going to do an easter egg hunt after school with my own children and mindees and we're going to eat them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dragonfly
22-03-2010, 12:56 PM
we make birds nests (chocolate ones!!) and fill with mini eggs and sometimes a chick too, also egg hunt so Im not buying them eggs too!!. I dont think we all need to buy Easter eggs for mindee children but it obviously a choice thing. I'll stick to birthdays and christmas.

singingcactus
22-03-2010, 01:21 PM
NO. I don't really get them gifts much at all. I get them something at christmas and might get them a birthday present if they happen to be with me on the day.
I have in the past though, back when parents were polite and said thank you...ahh I remember those days with fondness.

It's a small world
22-03-2010, 01:26 PM
If they get too many eggs parents can always make krispie cakes etc. That's what we do.

cher25
22-03-2010, 01:30 PM
We are going to make our own easter eggs and easter bunnies. :) Tesco had a fab baking tray for making them. I couldn't resist buying it. lol

Chimps Childminding
22-03-2010, 01:32 PM
I got mine the medium eggs when they were on offer at Morrisons 97 or 98p! The only one I am getting different for is one who is 4 months old, and I am going to get her a board book instead!!!

Have looked at buying gifts instead, but to be honest you have to spend at least a couple of pound, and when you don't even get a thank you half the time it makes you wonder if its worth bothering :(

singlewiththree
22-03-2010, 02:02 PM
I bought my older mindees a £2 egg Ben 10 and Toy Story and I've bought the 1yr old sibling a chicken that makes a noise when you shake it :)

carlen222
22-03-2010, 02:09 PM
oh i just posted a new thread that i could have put there. i purchased these for my wee ones, there sooo cute!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Easter-Rubber-Ducks-x6-Egg-Gift-Party-Bunny-Fun_W0QQitemZ120532934527QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Hom e_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET?hash=item1c1052 9f7f

xx

cas2805
Got them some fluffy chicks in fluffy eggs from Tesco. Also for them to play with here; Tesco had 3 for 2 on their Easter craft books!

It's my DS first Easter, I wonder how many eggs I will be eating!

carlen222
We are going to make our own easter eggs and easter bunnies. :) Tesco had a fab baking tray for making them. I couldn't resist buying it. lol

i bought this too!!!! i think we will maybe make some easter cakes with the tray :) xx

miffy
22-03-2010, 02:14 PM
I've bought the eggs on offer in Sainsbury's - have always done it and think it's easier than trying to find a small gift for each of them.

We'll also make some easter nests and bake some easter biscuits and we're having a party next week. :D

Miffy xx

kindredspirits
22-03-2010, 02:16 PM
i'm not going to 'buy' them easter eggs - but we are going to do an easter egg hunt in the garden with a few creme egg type things! :thumbsup: will be doing lots of crafts/cooking etc so i think thats enough - i don't really celebrate easter (although i have already bought and eaten a bakers dozen of easter eggs :blush: i am now on a chocolate ban so no mroe for me :( )

Desi-101
22-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Our local co-op had make your own bunny rabbit, comes with a rabbit mould and two bags of choc to melt, white and milk choc got two for £3. I cant wait to make them! they are supplied by Dr. Oetker. Got them 3 weeks ago, they flew off the shelves, I bought a bar of extra melting choc by Dr.Oetker (in the baking isle) so we can make loads more with the moulds! yum