PDA

View Full Version : Help What paperwork do I need

dizzycatmojo
21-03-2010, 11:07 PM
OK, I have my first mindee 18 month old starting on 12th April, I will also have 3 before school mindees aged 5 and 7 going on 8, I have all my policies, procedures and permissions done - possibly to many!
I have The early years passport from here - its fantastic thanks!
I know I need some kind of learning journey book for observations and photo's for the little one but not sure about the older children I will really just look after them for 1/2 an hour and take them to school, with possibly some holliday care. This is where I'm getting a bit lost, what kind of paperwork do I need for the little one and the older mindees? I have read posts on here where people are spending hours every night on paperwork :eek: I know I couldn't cope with that, but I want to get it right from the start.
Please share your wisdom :D
Thanks Lisa.

samkeddy
22-03-2010, 07:08 AM
sorry to be annoyin i cant really help cop im still figurin it out myself and i dont have any older 1s so really dont no. But wanted to ask what the early years passport is? Sounds interestin! Sorry for been nosey rather than helpfull!!

sarah707
22-03-2010, 09:43 AM
sorry to be annoyin i cant really help cop im still figurin it out myself and i dont have any older 1s so really dont no. But wanted to ask what the early years passport is? Sounds interestin! Sorry for been nosey rather than helpfull!!

The early years passport is a document which parents can fill in to help give you information about the child.

It is in free downloads at the top of the forum :D

sarah707
22-03-2010, 09:46 AM
OK, I have my first mindee 18 month old starting on 12th April, I will also have 3 before school mindees aged 5 and 7 going on 8, I have all my policies, procedures and permissions done - possibly to many!
I have The early years passport from here - its fantastic thanks!
I know I need some kind of learning journey book for observations and photo's for the little one but not sure about the older children I will really just look after them for 1/2 an hour and take them to school, with possibly some holliday care. This is where I'm getting a bit lost, what kind of paperwork do I need for the little one and the older mindees? I have read posts on here where people are spending hours every night on paperwork :eek: I know I couldn't cope with that, but I want to get it right from the start.
Please share your wisdom :D
Thanks Lisa.

Keep it simple from the start and be prepared to change your paperwork etc as you go along and learn more about what you are doing.

The first thing to think about is how to show each child is progressing while he is with you...

The best way to do that is to set up a system where you observe, assess your observations against the Eyfs ages and stages information and then plan to what you know the child likes doing.

So the child is into dinosaurs - you know cos mummy has told you or he's arrived clutching a dino book or you have a box of them and he makes a bee line for them in the morning.

How do you meet the child's needs? How do you extend his interest? How do you make dinos more fun?

You might do dino sponge printing, draw dinos, put them in the messy tray with some soil etc.

You do all these things automatically because it's your job. With the Eyfs you need to write them down.

Hth :D

dizzycatmojo
23-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Thanks Sarah I think I finally understand :clapping:
Lisa.