PDA

View Full Version : Garden mats - anyone used these?

Mouse
21-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Has anyone used these sort of mats in their garden?

http://www.toysforthegarden.co.uk/rubber_safety_mat-7-0-210-8.htm

Are they easy to put down? Are they good for the children to play on?

I'm looking for something to let the children play out in all weathers without the garden turning into a mud bath.

TheBTeam
21-03-2010, 09:50 PM
just tried looking for price and says that they no longer supply it.

loocyloo
21-03-2010, 09:58 PM
we have some for the end of the slide/under the swing. it has worked at the bottom of the slide, you can hardly tell its there now, with the grass growing through it, but we should have put a bigger piece under the swing, mind you, i'm not sure anything will grow there :D , but it would hopefully stop the ground from being worn away !!!!

we got ours as offcuts from a county agricultural show, but i think it was being sold by a company that sold horse stuff !

Mouse
21-03-2010, 09:58 PM
just tried looking for price and says that they no longer supply it.

I think that particular website is closing down, but it was the forst link I found to the mats!
I've seen them in Costco & wondered what people thought of them.

They're not cheap, but I've got a grant to spend :thumbsup:

Mouse
21-03-2010, 10:01 PM
we have some for the end of the slide/under the swing. it has worked at the bottom of the slide, you can hardly tell its there now, with the grass growing through it, but we should have put a bigger piece under the swing, mind you, i'm not sure anything will grow there :D , but it would hopefully stop the ground from being worn away !!!!

we got ours as offcuts from a county agricultural show, but i think it was being sold by a company that sold horse stuff !

Do you think you could do a whole play are with them? Could the children still ride bikes etc on them? And would they lose little toys through the holes, or do you not notice the holes once the grass has grown through?

cs01
21-03-2010, 10:19 PM
I've got a similar product under our swing set, got them in Argos. Excellent product. The grass grows through them so you can barely see them. Much better than just bare earth which is what we had before. You can even mow over them once the grass grows through adequately.

Polly2
22-03-2010, 09:07 AM
They are good but hard on the knees if children kneel on them or you have crawlers.

Mookins
22-03-2010, 09:37 AM
sorry never seen these before but was thinking that these may be good from Argos
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3675119/Trail/searchtext%3EGARDEN+MAT.htm

x xx

loocyloo
22-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Do you think you could do a whole play are with them? Could the children still ride bikes etc on them? And would they lose little toys through the holes, or do you not notice the holes once the grass has grown through?

you could i guess, but it takes a while for them to bed down and the grass to grow through. fine for bike riding, but i think you might lose little toys through the holes, although you don't notice them once the grass has grown!