PDA

View Full Version : learning jorney for a 5 and half year old

ss1983
21-03-2010, 08:04 PM
hi i mind a child who is 6 in sep i mind her 2 days afetr school on one day she at ballet
do i need to do a whole eyfs folder whith the grids in it?in total i hav her4 hours so dont have time to do much with her.

angiemog
22-03-2010, 08:54 AM
hi i mind a child who is 6 in sep i mind her 2 days afetr school on one day she at ballet
do i need to do a whole eyfs folder whith the grids in it?in total i hav her4 hours so dont have time to do much with her.

If I have this right you will need to do a learning journey for her until August 31st. I personally wouldn't do a whole folder. I would do a little book with photos and a few observations. I'm sure someone will be along soon if I have this wrong. x

Tired
22-03-2010, 09:16 AM
You have to do EYFS until 31st August after their 5th birthday, but as angiemog said, I would not bother with a whole folder, certainly not for 4 hours a week.

You will need to show how you are working with the school. Perhaps get the topics etc from the teacher, or newsletter if they do one.

Then just say how you support these.

And if you listen to her read, note that down, if you help with spellings etc, note it all down and you should be covered.

suez
22-03-2010, 09:37 AM
i have twins that turn 6 next wk is that right then i should be doing a folder for them coz i havent been :blush:

sarah707
22-03-2010, 09:39 AM
For that age child and so few hours I would start a scrap book.

Let them take photos and put in their work... let them decorate it etc.

Add notes linking things to the Eyfs and suggesting next steps but keep it brief.

It will make a lovely keepsake and show you are meeting the requirements.

hth :D

loocyloo
22-03-2010, 09:45 AM
i have twins that turn 6 next wk is that right then i should be doing a folder for them coz i havent been :blush:

no, you don't need to, unless they haven't met their early learning goals,a nd are still working towards them.

on the whole, EYFS is until the 31st august after their fifth birthday ( or more simply, the end of reception year ) once they are in year 1, we don't have to do it!

suez
22-03-2010, 09:52 AM
yes they are in yr 1, iv got a scrap book type of book plain pages for them to draw in i also save some pics draw or glued on for a folder but iv not been linkin them to eyfs :blush: