PDA

View Full Version : Buggies

Mia'smummyx
21-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Do you have your own buggy, single / double...
I have a 10 month old boy starting and was going to buy a buggy, I only have a dark purple girls one from my DD.
My mum keeps saying dont buy one use theirs....
How do you work it???

I think as a parent i wouldnt want to lug the buggy in and out the car everyday for the childminder, i would rather they had their own.
:)

babs
21-03-2010, 05:25 PM
ive got 2 a single one and a double one... might need a triple one soon:panic: :panic: ....... so i use my own

desiderata
21-03-2010, 05:27 PM
I use my own at one point I did have eight!! have got that down to three nowxx

Mia'smummyx
21-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Lol I know someone with a tripple, the obaby one, its excellent!!!
Ah good im not being silly by buying one then and it comes with a car seat, which i needs and the base!! Result 3 in 1!!!

haribo
21-03-2010, 05:31 PM
ive 3 singles and a double :laughing: one of the singles is huge and lies flat so its used for naps . another single lives on the landing `just in case` and i keep a single and double in the porch for everyday use :clapping:

Mouse
21-03-2010, 05:32 PM
I have all combinations (doubles, singles), so can use my own whoever is here. If I was a parent using a childminder I would expect them to have their own buggies to use and certainly wouldn't expect to have to take mine every day.

Can you buy a footmuff or seat liner to go on your buggy?

Mia'smummyx
21-03-2010, 05:37 PM
My DD one is the mama and papa ziko, very girly even with the cosy toes, i think the one i have seen will be ideal as it lays flat, i dont really like little ones in strollers would much rather something more cosy.

doodles
21-03-2010, 05:58 PM
I have 2 singles and a double. All black so can be used for either sex.

PixiePetal
21-03-2010, 06:27 PM
I don't think the baby would worry about the colour!

I have all sorts of buggies for whoever I have at the time. At the moment a Maclaren single for short trips and if we go in a car. Jane single 3 wheeler for everyday and a new P&T double for trips to town and groups on bus with 2 LOs.

Also have a tandem Jane 4 wheeler, which has solid wheels - wish I was using it this week as I got a puncture in the single :angry:

jelly15
21-03-2010, 06:35 PM
I have a lie flat pushchair for naps, asingle buggy and a double.

FussyElmo
21-03-2010, 06:41 PM
I used to look after a baby whose mum preferred me to use hers. She had spent a lot of money on it and wanted to get her moneys worth out of it :)

balloon
21-03-2010, 06:46 PM
I use my own too and have / have had heaps of them in various combinations of single, double and triple (currently have 3 singles, two doubles and a triple!)

I wouldn't want to use a parent's pushchair in case I broke it or got it dirty or something. Also some of them are soooo hard to push and there's no way I'd want to be struggling with a buggy and toddler.

Toothfairy
21-03-2010, 07:07 PM
I have 2 singles and 1 double.

I wouldn't use theirs incase I broke it :D

loocyloo
21-03-2010, 07:45 PM
i have my own, 2 doubles and 2 singles (one each in umbrella fold for the car, and 3 wheeler for walking!)

i meet a dad at school sometimes, and as he walks, i have LO in her own pushchair, but i usually use mine once i've got her home! (couldn't push 2 buggies home!) BUT, if he meets me at school when i have another LO, she transfers to my double, and he takes their buggy to work !!!

The Juggler
21-03-2010, 07:46 PM
I don't think the baby would worry about the colour!

I have all sorts of buggies for whoever I have at the time. At the moment a Maclaren single for short trips and if we go in a car. Jane single 3 wheeler for everyday and a new P&T double for trips to town and groups on bus with 2 LOs.

Also have a tandem Jane 4 wheeler, which has solid wheels - wish I was using it this week as I got a puncture in the single :angry:

I agree, I don't think I would buy a new one just because of the colour. Might think twice if it was bright pink but dark purple's OK hon. Then keep your eyes peeled for a nice second had one.

Shirlwith3
22-03-2010, 06:12 AM
I used my own to being with but had to buy a doube, I now have 2 single, 2 double & now a triple that converts to a double. Which was a bargin as I got it for £575 where they are £900+ brand new plus you can't get them in the uk.

SparklingGems
22-03-2010, 08:05 AM
I have bought a double buggy since I have my own baby and will be looking after mainly under 3's. I may get a light stroller to but not until my baby is lder as I will always need a double. Maybe a triple at some point :idea:

I would be very wary about using a parents buggy incase it got broken.

I would wait and see as you may end up with a girl mindee

suzyblue
22-03-2010, 08:07 AM
I have a zillion buggies but two of my parents leave their buggies at my house as they walk to my house. You could use their buggy for a while but you will probably need a collection of your own so it might be worth buying you own.

amanda1309
22-03-2010, 08:31 AM
I have 2 singles and a double.
One is bright pink but would use it for either boy or girl as its the easiest to get in the car when i have got all 7 seats up.

little chickee
22-03-2010, 10:18 AM
i have my own buggies i just think its easier - mine are all blue or black but i would use a buggy of any colour for girl or boy.

i think its completly daft to say you cant use pink things for a boy - its just a colour, makes no difference. Would you put a girl in a blue pram? yes you would so it doesnt matter.

AliceK
22-03-2010, 10:38 AM
I have all combinations (doubles, singles), so can use my own whoever is here. If I was a parent using a childminder I would expect them to have their own buggies to use and certainly wouldn't expect to have to take mine every day.
Can you buy a footmuff or seat liner to go on your buggy?

Agree. When my children were with a childminder I would not have been impressed if she had asked me to bring my own buggy every day for them.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

tracey36
22-03-2010, 10:40 AM
i use my own i have a single double and triple, you dont need to buy a new one though have a look on ebay you might grab a bargain

snufflepuff
22-03-2010, 01:11 PM
I have 3 singles and a double.
I'd be wary of using a parents buggy long-term even if they offered to leave it each day. At least i know how to fold/ unfold my own, some can be very complicated!