PDA

View Full Version : weekly planning

ss1983
21-03-2010, 02:46 PM
hi how do you all set out your weekly planning i have a sheet which has mon to friday on a table chart and i write in what we do or planning to do each day like on wednesdays its toddler group in morning then in afternoon maybe playing with the cars and garage. is this right ?
i was told that in with the activities we plan we have to incorpoarate next steps how do you do that, im so confused.
also how do you plan a childs indiviual interests how do you set it out on paper, as my weekly planning is for any child in my care,

sarah707
21-03-2010, 03:39 PM
I think you are confusing 2 different types of planning.

You have your group planning... this week we might go to the park on Monday, toddler group on Tuesday etc.

After lunch on Monday we might play in the garden with the messy tray...

Then you have individual planning which runs alongside group.

On Monday you are going to the park... John loves the slide and his next steps from last week were to go a little more slowly so he doesn't trip. You will support him with this.

On Tuesday you are going to toddlers and they are making papier mache - Jane does not like getting her hands dirty so for her individual planning you intend to take some gloves so she can join in.

Does that make sense? :D

ss1983
21-03-2010, 03:41 PM
I think you are confusing 2 different types of planning.

You have your group planning... this week we might go to the park on Monday, toddler group on Tuesday etc.

After lunch on Monday we might play in the garden with the messy tray...

Then you have individual planning which runs alongside group.

On Monday you are going to the park... John loves the slide and his next steps from last week were to go a little more slowly so he doesn't trip. You will support him with this.

On Tuesday you are going to toddlers and they are making papier mache - Jane does not like getting her hands dirty so for her individual planning you intend to take some gloves so she can join in.

Does that make sense? :D

yes but how do write in on your weekly planning?

ss1983
21-03-2010, 03:49 PM
for things like mothers day and easter i have a sheet which has activity on it and what each child will do different on the activitiy depending on age ect

sarah707
21-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Think about it the other way round!

Here's my weekly planning for the group...

Monday am

Park and feeding ducks

Monday pm

Messy tray in the garden

General outside play

Tuesday am

Toddler group... etc.

Right that's done... a brief outline of where we are going and what we might be doing.

NOW, here's my individual planning for each child (reflecting the individual, unique child)...

John - individual planning

Monday am

Following on from last weeks' next steps, work with John to climb slowly and safely

Monday pm

Support John when using the messy tray and include dinosaurs as they are his favourites

Tuesday am

John enjoys using the bike at toddler group but gets very upset if it isn't free. Support John blah blah

Jane - individual planning

Monday am....

Yes / no / maybe? :D

ss1983
21-03-2010, 05:55 PM
yes that sounds good but alot of work, could i write it on the same sheet or a different one

ss1983
21-03-2010, 05:58 PM
sorry i prob sound thick but trying to do it the easiest way i can, i mind a 15 month old a 6 month and a 5 yr and 10 yr old.

ss1983
21-03-2010, 06:07 PM
do you have a copy of your individual planning

sarah707
21-03-2010, 06:34 PM
yes that sounds good but alot of work, could i write it on the same sheet or a different one

it's all about showing Ofsted that you are planning individually for the unique child so each child needs their own.

It really does not need to take long. I might only plan a couple of things per child per week, depending on how long they are with me.

I note things like obs down as they are playing and I see and hear things happening, pop in next steps and link it all to the Eyfs later.

Then I use the obs /next steps to feed into my planning.

I have a month on a sheet for a part timer and it really is quick... the most important thing is that you show how the child is progressing.

So an obs leading to a next step leading to planning leading back into an obs.

That is what Ofsted are looking for :D