PDA

View Full Version : NETWORKING - HELP PLEASE

Sarahbelle
21-03-2010, 11:45 AM
I am looking to join the local network and have discovered that they have done away the paperwork side of things and they now come out and do observations lasting 2 to 3 hours! I have mine booked for Easter.

As anyone had one of these and if so can they give me any tips or help?

Thanks.

sandy64
21-03-2010, 12:00 PM
hi ive been a network childminder for 7yrs and yes things have changed we do still have to do yrly paperwork, and have n.c come out to observe every 3mths and if we need advice thats what there supose to be there for.they also check our policys,eyfs stuff to make sure we no what we are doing. its not a big thing and all very friendly.

Sarahbelle
21-03-2010, 03:58 PM
This observation is for getting onto the network. The CDO is going to come out and sit and observe my practice for 2 to 3 hours. Then she comes back again within two weeks to give me the results. Apparently this is new. You used to get emailed a 21 page form with lots of questions on that you had to fill out and provide evidence for.

I was just wondering if anyone had had this type of observation for getting on the network and if so, what to expect. I'm guessing it will be like having Ofsted inspection?

TammyN
21-03-2010, 04:47 PM
This observation is for getting onto the network. The CDO is going to come out and sit and observe my practice for 2 to 3 hours. Then she comes back again within two weeks to give me the results. Apparently this is new. You used to get emailed a 21 page form with lots of questions on that you had to fill out and provide evidence for.

I was just wondering if anyone had had this type of observation for getting on the network and if so, what to expect. I'm guessing it will be like having Ofsted inspection?

THIS SOUNDS INTERESTING AS IVE BEEN GIVEN THE PAPERWORK TO FILL OUT? (:blush: sorry caps on!) i will have to check it out i would much prefer them to come and see me in practice as i can't be doing with more paperwork at present! still not finished my 2 assignments for my foundation degree, arghhh!

Sarahbelle
21-03-2010, 08:42 PM
The CDO was very mysterious. She said she couldn't tell me what she was looking for, just that she was looking for a certain standard to be demonstrated across all areas! And now I am trying to find out a bit more....