PDA

View Full Version : cycling?

mushpea
20-03-2010, 02:59 PM
I would love to take the kids out on the bikes in the summer,, we have a lovley path that runs by the river and not beside main rds that we can go down, we would have to cross rds where we would get off and cross safley and we would wear helmets and bright cloths ,, is there anything else i need t think of? do i need perantal permision for this ? the children would be my 2 who are 11 and 9 and a 6yrold mindee and somtimes also a 3yrold mindee

christine e
20-03-2010, 03:17 PM
I would love to take the kids out on the bikes in the summer,, we have a lovley path that runs by the river and not beside main rds that we can go down, we would have to cross rds where we would get off and cross safley and we would wear helmets and bright cloths ,, is there anything else i need t think of? do i need perantal permision for this ? the children would be my 2 who are 11 and 9 and a 6yrold mindee and somtimes also a 3yrold mindee

If you do a written risk assessment of get parental permission I can't see a problem

Cx

babs
20-03-2010, 08:20 PM
risk assess fallin into river and write how u would get mindees across the road safely..... permission forms signed.. dont forget drinks, suncream etc ..

miffy
20-03-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm sure the kids will love that! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Tinglesnark
20-03-2010, 08:49 PM
ooooh that sounds fab! do you have a basket on your bike? you could perhaps fill it with lunch goodies and have a picnic along the way :D

Dragonfly
21-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Brillant idea, I do it with my 11 year old mindee she loves it:)

mushpea
21-03-2010, 01:35 PM
ooooh that sounds fab! do you have a basket on your bike? you could perhaps fill it with lunch goodies and have a picnic along the way :D

no but i have those panier bags that go on the back that will be filled with goodies, might also take along a picnic and bike to the park.

Mookins
21-03-2010, 06:09 PM
this sounds great... only i cant ride a bike:blush: