PDA

View Full Version : the worst ever :(

hollyoaksmad
20-03-2010, 02:30 PM
had parents and children visit my home 2day 1st time ever iv done this

i had my mum with me as its her home and was worried she ended up doin most ov the talkin was not good but the ppl understood which really nice im just threating over it all cuz i didnt speak :(

haribo
20-03-2010, 02:47 PM
dont worry about it but i know what you mean . i had my mum here once whilst i had a mum visit .. i couldnt get a word in :panic: they got on like a house o fire and we ended up signing contracts - dont know if it was cos of mum or not :laughing: good luck !

angeldelight
21-03-2010, 03:08 AM
You will get more confident so dont worry

Hope the meeting went well and hope they get in touch

Keep us posted

Angel xx

doodles
21-03-2010, 09:24 AM
As Angel says you will get more confident, i was a nervous wreck my 1st time but the more experience you get you will know what to say etc..
Hope they choose you!

singingcactus
21-03-2010, 10:58 AM
It's not a bad thing having your mum there. This family now know more members of your family who may be in contact with their child, they will probably feel more confident leaving their child now they have met the 'family' that will be caring for them. I am not saying very well what I mean, but I think it would be nice for parents to meet the carer and their family - and we all know what mum's can be like for talking and talking and talking!!!!
Relax, I am sure that meeting your mum was a good thing for them.

hollyoaksmad
21-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Wel ur rite it went well wiv mum being here there coming 2 me wooo. 3 boys every wed got my hands fulx

karen m
21-03-2010, 04:07 PM
well done to you and your mum,all mums talk,talk,talk i no mine does

haribo
22-03-2010, 10:54 AM
:clapping: well done . you will gain more confidence in yourself -maybe mum can go out for a bit i you have parents visiting so you have to do the talking -although it didnt do any harm having her there in this case :clapping:

pinklady
22-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Well done! That's a massive confidence boost for you! :thumbsup:

No you can spend your energy on thinking what to do with those 3 boys :D

Chimps Childminding
22-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Well done!!!! I have been doing this job for 12 years now, and I STILL get nervous when new parents come, and usually waffle!!!! :D

bekki0405
22-03-2010, 02:41 PM
My first interview went like this. My daughter threw the most enormous hissy fit, and would not co-operate at all.
I still get nervous, and do you know I still don't think I do very well!

Maybe there should be classes!

hollyoaksmad
22-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Thanx 4 support everyone :)x