PDA

View Full Version : Meeting with mindees parents *update*

Gizmo
19-03-2010, 07:28 PM
The parents of my 13mth old mindee have asked me for a meeting, I know there is nothing wrong they are quite young and hate leaving him, they want an update on his progress, I do a daily diary for them and they often have a look in my obs book too.
I am going to their house tomorrow afternoon

Just wondered if anyone else has regular meetings with parents

Alibali
19-03-2010, 07:30 PM
No, but the CC will love it! Be sure to record it :)

Gizmo
19-03-2010, 07:34 PM
No, but the CC will love it! Be sure to record it :)

Never even thought of that
Thanks Alibali :clapping:

Chatterbox Childcare
19-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Don't forget to get them to sign something to say that they have seen the obs

Blackhorse
19-03-2010, 08:10 PM
I am trying to set up a meeting with the parents of one of my mindees.

another mum and mindee were round today for a tea in the afternoon to catch up

I think it is nice to catch up even if there arent any issues...and take the time to talk about stuff...even though you have daily diaries etc etc...

ORKSIE
19-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Hope it all goes well tomorrow :clapping: :clapping:

Cazz
20-03-2010, 04:55 PM
How lovely that they're interested enough in what he does with you to request a meeting.

I've got contract reviews due in April and I know one set of my parents will see it as a chore and not be remotely interested in learning journeys etc :rolleyes:

Gizmo
20-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Meeting went really well, they just wanted to talk about what would be happening going forward, he has been having a few tantrums and they wanted to know how I dealt with them so they can do the same. They have also asked if it can be mostly fresh food he has - it is anyway, and no sweets or fizzy drinks - as if my own kids dont even get them, and he has only to wear his shoes if we are out as shoes arent good for his feet.
Think they are looking at it being long term as they spoke about when he goes to school :clapping:

balloon
20-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Meeting went really well, they just wanted to talk about what would be happening going forward, he has been having a few tantrums and they wanted to know how I dealt with them so they can do the same. They have also asked if it can be mostly fresh food he has - it is anyway, and no sweets or fizzy drinks - as if my own kids dont even get them, and he has only to wear his shoes if we are out as shoes arent good for his feet.
Think they are looking at it being long term as they spoke about when he goes to school :clapping:

Aw that's great news ! :clapping:

It's lovely when parents are interested isn't it? x

miffy
20-03-2010, 06:16 PM
All sounds very promising - it's nice they're interested.

Miffy xx

sarah707
20-03-2010, 06:25 PM
That sounds like a really positive meeting and lots of ways of showing CC that you are working with parents :D

babs
20-03-2010, 06:28 PM
glad it went well. great news for u if its long term:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Gizmo
20-03-2010, 06:29 PM
That sounds like a really positive meeting and lots of ways of showing CC that you are working with parents :D

and I told them all about the lovely new cd I had just got in the post and how I was going to start a learning journal for him and they where most impressed - Thanks again Sarah :clapping:

Rubybubbles
20-03-2010, 06:44 PM
thats lovely:clapping: well done hunny

The only meeting I ever managed to have was with people I ended up becoming very good friend with and ending up over a bottle of wine haha

ooohhh Have I missed a new resource Sarah has been working on??

MarpleJollytots
20-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Ive told all my parents that we will have regular 'Parents evenings' about every 4-6 months,not sure which yet.Also told them any Grandparents are welcome too.They have all given permission for photos to be stored on our computer and then put on disc so they will be given one of these on the evening.All Observations and their files will be available and i will ask the parents to fill out a short questions and comments page before hand to bring with them just to get some feed back regarding how they view our setting etc and if they have any ideas on how we can improve.