PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had a grant before?

19-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Have any of you been given a substational amount of grant money before and if so, what have you invested in? A grant may be available to me and I would want to make the most of it so am interested in your ideas. Thank you :)

mamasheshe
19-03-2010, 06:19 PM
my local council doesn't do grants for CMs:( :(

Mookins
19-03-2010, 06:22 PM
this is something im hoping il be entitled too so sorry no experience but oooh id definatly get a little tykes climber £250, large selection of books for all ages
one of those huge touch screen projectors for interactive play

have to be a huge grant for one of those

xx x

Jules12Wed
19-03-2010, 06:33 PM
In our last grant I got an awning for outside my backdoor £2,900 blinds for my conservatory £2,500 had my patio doors changed £1,565 and £180 on vsmile vtech motion equipment.

Just applied for another grant, there was two available I applied for porch, trampoline, and outside toys like bikes, balls, mirrors, pop uo cones, zed bug. A sofa for conservatory and sleep mats.

I got everything except porch and trampolilne.

The other grant I applied for at the same time after checking with the guy in charge that I could apply for both. I put the majority of stuff on this grant lots of indoor toys, computer, camera, xbox. When I hadn't heard about this grant I called up and he said oh no you don't live in the right area. I was really cross because I had called originally to make sure I could apply for it and did tend to put most of the stuff on this grant. I couldn't understand why it was sent out when clearly there was no way I would ever get it. I had put a great deal of time and effort researching equipment, and filling in a form saying how each item met the EYFS

jumpinjen
19-03-2010, 06:37 PM
I suggest you order catalogues from companies like TTS, hope education, GAlT, Reflections on Learning, myriad natural toys and crafts etc and take a look. it is helpful if you have an ethos or philosophy about your setting that you can use to guide you in your choices, you could audit what you have already to identify areas of your resources that could do with a boost. personally I would go for things that are really good quality and will last for a long time, and be timeless, an can be used flexibly, such as a plain four-roomed doll house that can be anything to any child, really good quality large sets of wooden blocks that an be used for construction by any age of child, things like that. If you can justify why you need them, by linking them to the EYFS and how they will support children through it, then all the better!

jenni:)

Mookins
19-03-2010, 06:43 PM
In our last grant I got an awning for outside my backdoor £2,900 blinds for my conservatory £2,500 had my patio doors changed £1,565 and £180 on vsmile vtech motion equipment.

Just applied for another grant, there was two available I applied for porch, trampoline, and outside toys like bikes, balls, mirrors, pop uo cones, zed bug. A sofa for conservatory and sleep mats.

I got everything except porch and trampolilne.

The other grant I applied for at the same time after checking with the guy in charge that I could apply for both. I put the majority of stuff on this grant lots of indoor toys, computer, camera, xbox. When I hadn't heard about this grant I called up and he said oh no you don't live in the right area. I was really cross because I had called originally to make sure I could apply for it and did tend to put most of the stuff on this grant. I couldn't understand why it was sent out when clearly there was no way I would ever get it. I had put a great deal of time and effort researching equipment, and filling in a form saying how each item met the EYFS

:magnificent: wow that was a lot of money well done

Cammie Doodle
19-03-2010, 07:25 PM
I have just finished spending £2.500 on Computer ICT equipment, a huge storage shed / racking, Dark Den, Easi listeners Easi Speaks, Easi Scope a Light box etc etc The list goes on lol:laughing: I did use school suppliers in hope items would be more robust than toy shop bought items :idea: I could not believe they would give Childminders the Grant, but they did :clapping:

ORKSIE
19-03-2010, 07:38 PM
I got a Enabling Environment Grant last year.

I got a :-

Patio doors, from my Kitchen onto the Patio
Electic Awning to go over the patio.
Large Den/ playhouse
large sand Pit with roof
Large Planter

This grant has been a God Send to me, I would never have been able to afford all this!
I am so grateful, and the kids love it.

The Patio Doors are brilliant, because now the children can go into the garden when they want. Before it was 1 out all out, now they have a choice:thumbsup:

jules j
19-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Wow, im impressed:thumbsup: how do you go about applying for grants? after an issue with my dogs at my inspection I told mrs o I would put patio doors from front room into garden and patio that side of garden as well so I could keep dogs in one area and children in other ,she said it was a good idea but hubby was:eek: how much is that going to be and can we afford it?:panic: so a grant would solve my problem:)

little_gems
20-03-2010, 06:18 PM
i've had 2 grants in the last year.
Large upstairs down stairs play house
bikes
fencing
awning
shed
indoor storage
first station
castle
books
It's been such a massive help, i just hope osfted like everything i got!!!

babs
20-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Wow, im impressed:thumbsup: how do you go about applying for grants? after an issue with my dogs at my inspection I told mrs o I would put patio doors from front room into garden and patio that side of garden as well so I could keep dogs in one area and children in other ,she said it was a good idea but hubby was:eek: how much is that going to be and can we afford it?:panic: so a grant would solve my problem:)

same question how do u apply for grants , when i started up i got £150 thats it most of that went to ncma......

SparklingGems
20-03-2010, 09:15 PM
same question how do u apply for grants , when i started up i got £150 thats it most of that went to ncma......

They dont do grants in my area unless you do a degree etc

ORKSIE
20-03-2010, 10:55 PM

I found out about the grant at an Accredited network meeting:thumbsup:

HappyH
20-03-2010, 10:57 PM
As far as I am aware the grants depend on your local council, I'm lucky here, myself and most of the other minders I know in this area have been granted ICT grants (laptop, touch screen monitors, earlylearning keyboards etc) and enabling enviroments to improve out door play. But I think it very much depends on the amount your local authority has allocated/available. It has to be worth contacting them to ask though. :)

jules j
21-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Has anyone had a grant from Devon County Council or Exeter City Council?
If so who do you contact?
Help please:)

tracey36
21-03-2010, 08:20 PM
im accredited but not heard of these grants either would really come in handy as i want to convert my garage into a playroom