PDA

View Full Version : arghhh annoying manager

louise
18-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Hi just need to rant. As some of you may of seen i have taken on another mindee. At the mo i cant do Fridays as i work in a shop. I did say if contract was enough i'd reduce my hours and just do sat. Mum tried to get Fri as day off but can't so i had mentioned to my manager last Fri that i might need to reduce hours or may leave if other mindee's mum gets full time job.

Well today i phone to say i need to reduce hours and i was told that i might have to wait until they find a replacement. Which will take forever in that place. I had told mindee mum 2 weeks as that is how much notice you need to leave. Which we cant afford for me to do just yet.

Thank you

Banana
18-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Cant you just leave and say sorry but you cant wait longer than 2 weeks?

xx

berkschick
18-03-2008, 09:59 AM
I think you need to let them know that as of xx date, you can not work Fridays anymore so can they please amend your contract accordingly or accept your letter as 2 weeks notice.

Then its up to them to sort out!

ma7ie
18-03-2008, 10:01 AM
I agree with the above. It's their problem not yours.:)

louise
18-03-2008, 10:39 AM
I wish i could leave altogether. I have got one girl checking for me today. Also my other mindees mum use to be the assistant manager and i have checked with her. She said you don't. I think i'm going to say if i can't have it i will leave completely and hope that they say no stay on sats.

sarah707
18-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Your manager has put you in a very difficult position - I think it's time to decide which way to jump!

Good luck! :D