PDA

View Full Version : Allegations against a childminder policy

clorogue
19-03-2010, 02:35 PM
I want to have this policy on file. Can anybody help me with one please.

THANK YOU!

Blaze
19-03-2010, 03:00 PM
The Bromley site has a sample of this policy.:)

clorogue
19-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Thank you!

solly
19-03-2010, 10:11 PM
I will have a look at that maybe worth having

clorogue
19-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Definitely. Had my inspection last week. Not a recommendation but they hightlighted the importance of having one so parents and you know where you stand should anything happen as it can be devestating.

mama2three
19-03-2010, 10:34 PM
I have it as a section in my safeguarding policy rather than seperate , but whichever way you go it is necessary.
Safeguarding

An effective safeguarding children policy and procedure must be implemented. This must include the procedure to be followed in the event of an allegation being made against a member of staff. The provider must ensure that all members of staff understand the safeguarding policy and procedure. Providers must refer to paragraphs 3.8 – 3.9 of the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage for details of how to record and make available all of their policies and procedures.

All providers must notify any child protection agency (usually local children's services or the police) previously identified by the Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB), without delay, of allegations of abuse as above.

Registered providers must inform Ofsted of any allegations of serious harm or abuse by any person living, working, or looking after children at the premises (whether that allegation relates to harm or abuse committed on the premises or elsewhere), or any other abuse which is alleged to have taken place on the premises, and of the action taken in respect of these allegations. Registered providers must inform Ofsted of these allegations as soon as is reasonably practicable, but at the latest within 14 days of the allegations being made. A registered provider who, without reasonable excuse, fails to comply with this requirement, commits an offence.

The Juggler
20-03-2010, 08:28 AM
I have it as a section in my safeguarding policy rather than seperate , but whichever way you go it is necessary.
Safeguarding

An effective safeguarding children policy and procedure must be implemented. This must include the procedure to be followed in the event of an allegation being made against a member of staff. The provider must ensure that all members of staff understand the safeguarding policy and procedure. Providers must refer to paragraphs 3.8 – 3.9 of the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage for details of how to record and make available all of their policies and procedures.

All providers must notify any child protection agency (usually local children's services or the police) previously identified by the Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB), without delay, of allegations of abuse as above.

Registered providers must inform Ofsted of any allegations of serious harm or abuse by any person living, working, or looking after children at the premises (whether that allegation relates to harm or abuse committed on the premises or elsewhere), or any other abuse which is alleged to have taken place on the premises, and of the action taken in respect of these allegations. Registered providers must inform Ofsted of these allegations as soon as is reasonably practicable, but at the latest within 14 days of the allegations being made. A registered provider who, without reasonable excuse, fails to comply with this requirement, commits an offence.

mine's in my safeguarding policy too

babs
20-03-2010, 09:54 PM
mines in safeguarding too.........

Blaze
20-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Just wanted to add that min is seperate to my Safeguarding policy - but referenced in it:)