PDA

View Full Version : Wipes

noo
19-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Hi, I am starting up as a childminder and just wanted some advice on what antibac wipes to use when wiping down changing mats. Can you get sensitive ones to protect babies skin? Also do most of you use vinyl gloves?

snufflepuff
19-03-2010, 04:08 PM
I use milton wipes or wilko own brand anti bac wipes. Then at the end of the day i use disinfectant/ milton spray. I do have some gloves but only use them for yucky nappies, otherwise i just wash my hands well. As far as ive been told we dont HAVE to use them at all.

mamasheshe
19-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Hi, I am starting up as a childminder and just wanted some advice on what antibac wipes to use when wiping down changing mats. Can you get sensitive ones to protect babies skin? Also do most of you use vinyl gloves?

i use dettol spray i use gloves for d&v or blood parents happy with this don't know about ofsted yet!

WibbleWobble
19-03-2010, 04:15 PM
i use latex free gloves for all nappies and i use dettol wipes for hard surfaces and some tesco own antibac wipes for hands at the mo...usually i see whats on offer!

singlewiththree
19-03-2010, 05:21 PM
I use polythene gloves and just antibac wipes for changing mat, cheapest I can get.

Blaze
19-03-2010, 05:21 PM
I use dettol spray & antibac wipes or milton spray & antibac wipes (depends on where I am doing my shopping & what happens to be on offer) - If unable to get those 2 brands I use CIF antibac spray & own brand antibac wipes. I usually use milton hand gel, but will use another brand if I can't get the Milton one (think it's called care - I buy it in boots). I use gloves & disposable aprons. HTH:)

carlen222
20-03-2010, 10:53 PM
in scotland the care commission insists that we use wipes AND aprons at every nappy change!!! such a waste of money and resources but oh well!!! i just use whatever antibac wipes are on offer in tesco or tesco's own anti bac spray and paper towels. didnt know you got such a thing as sensitive ones?? xx

Rubybubbles
20-03-2010, 11:44 PM
I use gloves during nappy change:thumbsup:

I use any own brand 99% type antibac wipe after each nappy change.

I use any own brand hand gel for out and out, the adsa one seems to be good , dries quickly too, I had one that a tiny bit took forever to soak in lol

babs
21-03-2010, 08:40 AM
i use any antibac wipes / spray, depends where im shopping, as for gloves and aprons, dont use for nappy changes just wash hands after every change do use gloves for 1st aid ....

little_gems
21-03-2010, 11:54 AM
i use gloves everytime not aprons though (dont no what ofsted will say) and have anti bac spray and kitchen roll under the chaning unit.

Curly Quavers
21-03-2010, 02:31 PM
beside my changing mat I have a plastic box in the box I have

1 pack normal baby wipes (for bums)
1 Pack asda anti bac wipes (to clean the changing mat when fin)
nappy sacks
bottle of Asda Anti bac liquid wash (for my hands until I get to a sink)
Box of gloves

to be honest I don't use the gloves (in the box for show :( )

but after I am finished changing the nappy I wipe down the mat all wipes and nappy are put in the same nappy sack and binned then I use the liquid wash on my hands till I get to the sink.

I think it's enough I am in Scotland and am refusing to use aprons