PDA

View Full Version : Toy box

Schnakes
18-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Does anyone have a link to a really nice, big toybox? Ive got a shelving unit bit its starting to look scruffy so would really like a nice box to put all the bigger bits in. Any ideas? Its going in my front room so has to be easy on the eye! Theres some really nice ones for the children but they are so garish!!

Sx

Tatia
18-03-2008, 09:18 AM
I bought this one recently from Argos for my DDs bedroom. You could paint or stain it in an unobtrusive colour. It's fairly roomy and can be used as a seat or if they kneel, they could use it as a surface for colouring.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0172581/Trail/searchtext%3ETOY+BOX.htm

Heaven Scent
18-03-2008, 09:39 AM
I've got a big wicker hamper have had it since DS was a baby been used as toy box then storage for blankets and towels etc now a toy box again. It doesn't look too bad. What about a storage poofe or a nice wooden box that could double as a coffee table - that indian/indonesian wood furniture isn't too expensive - it depends on funds you have available and what will go with the decor in your room. - sometimes toy boxes are a little small for the job they are required to do.

Celine

Banana
18-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Oh Tatia - I like that toy box.

xx

fionamal
18-03-2008, 10:41 AM
I got mine from Ikea and its great cos you can use it as a seat/bench.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20078031

Its cheap as well and you can bung everything in.

sarah707
18-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Mine's all on open shelving - I've never had much luck with toy boxes... they either get climbed on and break or the lid crashes down on someone! :(

ma7ie
18-03-2008, 11:17 AM
I got mine from Ikea and its great cos you can use it as a seat/bench.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20078031

Its cheap as well and you can bung everything in.

Oh I like that one. What a bargain. Is it sturdy?

fionamal
18-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Its actually alot sturtier than I thought for the money.

My 5 year old sits on it and its amazing what it can hold.

Tily Bud
18-03-2008, 12:22 PM
they both look good and the ikea one is really cheap x

Nix
18-03-2008, 12:32 PM
ooo I like the Argos one for shoes! Then the mindee's could put their shoes in it and sit on top to put them on:thumbsup: ...better than a trail of shoes in the hall despite a basket and coat pegs...

Nix
18-03-2008, 12:32 PM
ooo I like the Argos one for shoes! Then the mindee's could put their shoes in it and sit on top to put them on:thumbsup: ...better than a trail of shoes in the hall, despite a basket and coat pegs...

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
18-03-2008, 12:33 PM
I like all those they look great will have to look into them could do with some more storage.

Lorraine xx

Rubybubbles
18-03-2008, 01:03 PM
I use open storage with boxes in from ikea! But a friend of mine has lovley wicker storage boxes from homebase that I always liked only my cats love that type of material to use as a scratching post:rolleyes:

but I can't find it on line to show you:mad: , my local one always has them in:rolleyes: