PDA

View Full Version : Advertising before being registered

Mollymop
11-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Hi there,
:)
I was wondering if anyone thinks it might be worth while me advertising before I am registered.
I was thinking of doing a leaflet drop around my area and in the schools/shops.
I have done all my courses and have just received the ofsted application pack, which I am going to send of straight after xmas has finished, so ofsted can come out early in january, then I will have to wait for my CRB check to come through. Has anyone else advertised early and do you get any interest even though they know you have a few months before you are completely registered?

Thanks sandra xxx:)

angeldelight
11-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Yes I would

Go for it

Good luck and hope you get some calls soon

Let us know how it goes

Angel xx

emler
11-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Hi Sandra

I advertised before I was registered and I had a 4 month old baby lined up & waiting for when my certificate arrived. I think I only advertised about a month before but it was definately worth it as she's 19 months old now & still with me! Good luck.

Emler x

Mollymop
11-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Thanks!! Where do you think the best places are to advertise. I am at a bit of a loss with advertising. lol

Sandra XXX

LittleMissSparkles
11-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Thanks!! Where do you think the best places are to advertise. I am at a bit of a loss with advertising. lol

Sandra XXX

local school
play centres
doctors surgeries
shop windows
local kidslinc website perhaps
supermarkets
hospital bulletin boards
kids clubs
playgroups

I'm sure the others will add more ...........

xxx

littlesprogs
12-12-2007, 04:15 PM
If you havent had your pre-reg with Ofsted yet then i wouldnt start advertising just yet theres alot of things that could still hold up your application for instance you have no idea how long your CRB will take i was told mine would be 6 weeks and i sent that off beginning of september and i still havent had it back! What i'm saying is you wont be able to give people a date that you can start working by and if you end up having to put people off for too long they will just find other childminders and might tel people not to bother with you and in my opinion word of mouth is the best way to get business.

I would wait till you've at least had your pre-reg and your CRB has got to stage 4.

Louise x

Mollymop
12-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Yeah Louise,

Thanks, that's why i was having reservations. I had a few people up the school and course telling me to start advertising and such, but I am going to leave it at telling my friends and people up the schools that i will be registered sometime in the spring. Like you say, if I get interest it is unlikely that I will be able to help them for a long while so there doesn't seem much point.
Are you still in the process of registering as well?
Sandra xx

littlesprogs
12-12-2007, 06:45 PM
yea as i said i had my pre reg inspection at the beginning of september and i am still not registered. I'm hoping to be registered by january but i'm not holding out much hope.

Although my husband is in the RAF and may be being posted soon so i dont think i will be working till we've moved house anyway so theres no rush for me to be registered now.

Once your crb goes in you can check it online to see which stage it is at once it gets to stage 4 and has been there a few weeks keep phoning them and it might make them pull there finger out abit.

Louise x

Mollymop
12-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Great advice Louise, Thanks for that!
I am like you, in no real hurry to get registered, but the sooner the better. :D
Love sandra

littlesprogs
12-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Its a good job your not in hurry coz CRB take ages. I have to have ssafa checks aswell for me and hubby coz hes forces and they seem to be taking just as long!

Raggydolls
13-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Once your crb goes in you can check it online to see which stage it is at. Louise x

ohh how do u do this? i didnt know u cud

leanne
xx

deb24
13-12-2007, 10:36 AM
I am still waiting for my inspection to be done as the lady cancelled it on Monday.Now going to be next Monday then I will have to wait for CRB to come back reg cert and starter pack from NCMA then wait for them to activate my insurance.
Can't believe how long winded everything is.
Just as well I haven't leave my job yet would be in a right mess.
I have started advertising though I am just going to explain to parents that I am just waiting on paperwork to come back and have a waiting list.At least then you can just give them a ring back once you have everything and just pray they still want you.
That's the best advise I can give you.Hope this helps

littlesprogs
13-12-2007, 10:50 AM
ohh how do u do this? i didnt know u cud

leanne
xx

hiya,

just go onto this site https://secure.crbonline.gov.uk/enquiry/ put in your details and off you go. You do need your unique number though but if you just ring them and ask them then its worth it coz you dont need to keep phoning all the time!

Louise x

Raggydolls
13-12-2007, 11:00 AM
its at stage 4 of 5, further along than i expected considering they only got it at the end of november :-)

thanks for that

leanne
xx

berkschick
13-12-2007, 11:23 AM
:panic:

Just checked mine and it said insufficent information provided so I rang them up. My married surname is the same as my maiden name and that confused them even though I enclosed a letter explaining all this! So now it has to go back to the police again! :angry:

littlesprogs
13-12-2007, 11:39 AM
its at stage 4 of 5, further along than i expected considering they only got it at the end of november :-)

thanks for that

leanne
xx

yes it doesnt take long to get to stage 4 but please dont get your hopes up to much they can be at stage 4 for many many weeks i think mine has been at stage 4 for a month and it is still there!