PDA

View Full Version : Celebration Event tonight

Daftbat
18-03-2010, 04:03 PM
I am going to a Celebration Event in Matlock tonight - is anyone else going??

Its to give certificates for people working with children who have gained educational qualifications and outstanding grades with Ofsted.

Don't know what to expect really.

miffy
18-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Have a lovely time!

Miffy xx

sarah707
18-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Oh wow lucky you!

I love Matlock I used to visit there many years ago.

Have fun! :D

Mouse
18-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Sounds fab!

We love Matlock Bath in the summer. For some reason we decided to go one Friday night in winter. It was shut :laughing:

angeldelight
19-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Hope you had a lovely time ?

How did it go

Angel xx

Daftbat
19-03-2010, 12:38 PM
It was quite a nice evening. Certificates were being given out for all sorts of quals level 2, 3 and 4 inchildcare as well as foundation degree and EYPS. There were five childminders with Outstanding and 3 pre-schools.

I found it quite useful talking to people about various options. I have been thinking for a while that i don't want to childmind right up until i retire so in about 10 years max i will be looking for something else. I quite fancy moving in to training in Early Years - even perhaps being a CDO? I am going to do some research in to doing the EYPS anyway but possibly also doing the Foundation Degree. Need to check what sort of quals are required at the moment for positions i might apply for in the future to get an idea of what to do.

I thought a while ago that i had had enough of studying after doing my level 4 with the OU but now i think i need to focus and look at the bigger picture and make sure i have as many options open to me as possible in the years to come.

wellybelly
19-03-2010, 01:02 PM
It was quite a nice evening. Certificates were being given out for all sorts of quals level 2, 3 and 4 inchildcare as well as foundation degree and EYPS. There were five childminders with Outstanding and 3 pre-schools.

I found it quite useful talking to people about various options. I have been thinking for a while that i don't want to childmind right up until i retire so in about 10 years max i will be looking for something else. I quite fancy moving in to training in Early Years - even perhaps being a CDO? I am going to do some research in to doing the EYPS anyway but possibly also doing the Foundation Degree. Need to check what sort of quals are required at the moment for positions i might apply for in the future to get an idea of what to do.

I thought a while ago that i had had enough of studying after doing my level 4 with the OU but now i think i need to focus and look at the bigger picture and make sure i have as many options open to me as possible in the years to come.

Hello, I was at Matlock last night, I was sat at the front with my hubby.

xxx

Daftbat
19-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Just done some research and you have to do the foundation degree before you can get the EYPS.(sorry to everyone who knows that already:blush: )

It all looks so longwinded and costly and not sure what to do really. Saw a job advertised for a devleopment officer which only requested level 3 quals. Think if i go ahead i will be studying forever:eek:

Hi Welly Belly - its a shame we didn't realise last night! Well done on your achievement:thumbsup: