PDA

View Full Version : positive daily dairies

terrydoo73
18-03-2010, 02:01 PM
I presently use an A5 to a day page diary for my little 4 year old mindee and I want to write something positive in it about the things she does. I have a mum who pulls me up on what I write and rips me to pieces sometimes so that I am even scared to record things! I have lost the little brother due partly to some things that I noticed happening with him and put in the diary (of course regretting it now) - long story! Mum initially did not like the diary simply because it was highlighting these sorts of problems and asked me to stop but since the brother left she has asked me to bring it back "to see what her daughter is doing on a daily basis".

How can I word what she does each day correctly so as not to cause offence or make her annoyed etc?

Blaze
18-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Can you give some examples please:)

mamasheshe
18-03-2010, 02:29 PM
could you keep it quite brief

nappies changed
i ate

groups attended

activity's done

naps

today i was (smiley face sad face grumpy face)

wow moment if their was any
this is what i;m hoping to do :D

estrelas
18-03-2010, 02:31 PM
I only ever put positivies in mine

We played with the trains, or we've been to feed the ducks etc
What they've eating, if they seem tired, happy
Anything silly they may say.

Any issues I need to raise i do when they arrive, or if I lnow its not gonna be possible I write 'I'll call later' and they know we need to chat

I like to think one day the mindees will read these books when they are older etc,

clareg
18-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Hi,
I include
Nappy details,sleep details food eaten details and just what the child has enjoyed doing most during the day, else i find myself writing for england lol, any mile stones reached would aslo included.

Hope this helps:laughing:

WibbleWobble
18-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Hi,
I include
Nappy details,sleep details food eaten details and just what the child has enjoyed doing most during the day, else i find myself writing for england lol, any mile stones reached would aslo included.

i thought it was just me...my hand hurts after a busy day. havent written so much for years!

dlissaman
18-03-2010, 02:47 PM
I record physical routine,

ate well, slow to eat, sleeps, went for a long walk and was very tried afterwards (including me) so we had a quiet time, etc. etc.

I mention any 'wow' moments.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
18-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Hi,
I include

That's what I do as well not sure my parents even look at them.

doodles
18-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Hi,
I include

Thats what ive been doing too and then on a friday i stick in a picture of something we have done that week. Nice for them to keep.

terrydoo73
18-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Today here is what I wrote:

A enjoyed quite a period of time listening to music CD's and reciting nursery rhymes including Wind the Bobbin Up, Humpty Dumpty, Little Miss Muffet.

Ate all her lunch but found her yoghurt difficult to finish so agreed to leave her Dunkers until later.

Role Played with the dolls over events in the nursery today.

Is this OK?

Jelly Baby
18-03-2010, 05:27 PM
I also just write positive things and will leave a note in the book saying i will call mum etc.
I tend to do what we have done all day, what we have eat, where we have been, who we have seen, goals reached or things ive spotted they have done etc. Nappies if mine were in them, drinks and snacks. Thats it!

jo f
18-03-2010, 06:00 PM
I do write positives and negatives in mine. I do the main bit from the childs point of view, I did this... I liked it ... Jo helped me to share

At the end it says childminders comments and I am honest. I say if its been a difficult day, tantrums, biting etc but also put positives in , achievements etc.

The little un I have is not an angel, I am careful but honest. She can be hard work at home too so I think it shows its not just for mum. Also if I wasn't honest by the time pre school came round and problems did come to light its not come from nowhere. We are working together to try and stop some situations which is great.

JJAY
18-03-2010, 06:13 PM
I only ever write positives about behaviour, any issues I speak directly with the parent. You can read so much more into something negative.