PDA

View Full Version : getting inpatient now

Fabby
18-03-2010, 01:37 PM
mine and hubby crb have been at stage 2 now for 2 weeks nearky now!!! i thought stage 1 and stage 2 were meant to go through quickly!!!!!!! I have mindees wanting to start beginning of april, i am going have to do it for free :-(

sfox2003
18-03-2010, 01:45 PM
I was in the same position as you. Its very hard I sympathise. Keep onto CRB, once you are waiting to get it back from policae stations phone your local police stations where you have lived & ask for their Enhanced CRB department. Chase it with them. Once theyve done their thing get back onto CRB & make sure theyve got it all back. Once they are complete get onto Ofsted & chase up your certificate. Once my CRB checks were clear my certificate took 3 weeks (silly error, it got stuck inbetween checks, and forgotton about, if I hadnt have checked it would have stayed sat there)!!!

Just keep chasing & checking. They are abrubt with you at CRB but only because theyve always got people chasing. They would do the same if they were in your shoes.

I didnt want to work for free but didnt want to loose mindee or let anyone down. Mindees mum phoned Ofsted & they said I had to do it with no reward which was as we thought. Mindees mum said it wasnt fair that I had to do it for free if she was happy to pay me. Ofsted then told her she couldnt pay me but there was no stopping me taking a non refundable deposit for the place. Mum paid me a 1 week non refundable deposit as my cert was imminent. I only had to do a few days with no pay in the end so it worked out fine.

aly
18-03-2010, 01:45 PM
mine and hubby crb have been at stage 2 now for 2 weeks nearky now!!! i thought stage 1 and stage 2 were meant to go through quickly!!!!!!! I have mindees wanting to start beginning of april, i am going have to do it for free :-(

How long are you having them for?

doodles
18-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Ah hun, its frustrating isnt it! The minute it gets to stage 4 ring the local police force and chase it with them.
I got through to a lovely man and explained i had mindees lined up and they did it the same day, the next day crb was printed and posted.
Keep chasing. Good Luck x

Fabby
18-03-2010, 05:40 PM
it is a full time place, well 4 full days, lo is 20 month so will have for a long time hopefully. So am i allowed to ask for a non refundable deposit then? I am under the impression that contracts can't be signed until certificate comes becuase there is no contract in place as such iyswim...... so not usre if i could ask for deposit.... the parent did say to me the other day 'well cant we give you a back pay as such' but i advised her that even that is a no no !!

Fabby
19-03-2010, 04:56 PM
well........ it's jumped to stage 4 today!!!!!! hubbys still on stage 2 but his was received day after mine so hopefully when i check tomorrow his will be at stage 4 too!!!!!!! WOOP DE WOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SparklingGems
20-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Unfortunately stage 4 is usually the longest mine has taken 10 weeks now 7 of those have been at stage 4 and im still waiting. My hubbys only took one week. I tried chasing with the police but told me they were back logged and had 60days from when they recieve it at stage 4 :(
Luckily mindees I have waiting have family as back up for now

Hope yours goes through quickly tho :)

birch24
20-03-2010, 08:20 PM
I had 4 crbs to do and i started on 25th of feb they are all now completed Wooooohoooooo yeeeeesssssss

good luck x

:jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

babs
20-03-2010, 08:24 PM
antpop how long since they went in... u live close to me dont u mine took over 5 months staffordshire are very slow..... everytime i rang for mine they said oh we are missing this its in department such and such then would change there mine, so unless its improve since they did mind as to what stage it was at....:( :( :( they take ages ....:( :( :( fingers crossed they will come soon ..

Maureen75
22-03-2010, 12:53 PM
It just seems to take so long.

Mine and daughter's went straight to stage 4 in one day!
But hubby's is still at stage 2 after 10 days and when we phoned they couldn't give us any explanation for it! All were received on the same day.

Sounds like we could be in for a long wait at stage 4 anyway since we're in Staffordshire and it will have to go to leicestershire after that!

Oh well, I'll just get on with the paperwork and cleaning the toys we've got out of the loft for now.