PDA

View Full Version : What Happens when you move borough's?

kellsbells
17-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Hi, I am a fairly new registered childminder who hasn't got any children at present and has completed my ICP and am now awaiting my results, I currently live in the borough of Harrow, I am now moving to another borough and wondered what happens? Am I able to childmind until Ofsted come out to my new house? or will I not be able to work until they do so?

Thanks for your advice in advance! ;-)

sarah707
18-03-2008, 07:56 AM
I would ring Ofsted - it varies depending on how long you've been registered and where you live... :D

08456 404040

tinytigers
18-03-2008, 11:17 AM
I asked this on my ICP last week as we have our house up for sale. Up the road from us is still classed as Sandwell but down the road it moves into the Dudley borough. The tutor said that you can move and wont make any difference with the borough with regards to being registered but you have to get Ofsted out to your new house regardless of where it is before you can have mindees there.

Let me know what Ofsted say.

Rubybubbles
18-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Normally ofsted would ask you to do a risk assessment of the new house, you have to inform them, they may want to visit, as Sarah said it depends on how long you've been registered if they would come out

Let us know;)