PDA

View Full Version : story sacks

terrydoo73
18-03-2010, 01:07 PM
I have used pillowcases for my story sacks in the past and tied on curtain rope but have been told that I am not supposed to do this as it is a health and safety issue now - children hanging on the cord, putting the bag over head etc.

What do you use?

miss mopple
18-03-2010, 01:12 PM
I use ribbon. The kids are supervised using them so I dont see it as a risk tbh

nemo97
18-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Hi there. I used to buy mine via ebay but i've ordered so many that I now email the person who makes them. I just tell her what image I require and she sends back a picture of what the sack will look like when it's finished. She has designed all different ones for spare clothes, nappies, first aid bags for on outings, treasure baskets etc.
Pm me if you need her email address :thumbsup:

devoncm
18-03-2010, 01:29 PM
I was going to use pillow cases when i get round to making mine, i was going to use buttons, big ones, or poppers

green puppy
18-03-2010, 01:35 PM
I use drawstring canvas bags, we do story sacks and song bags together so the children are supervised any way. There seems to be so many health and safety issues about everything now but I think if you use common sense and assess the risks then I don't see why using a pillow case is a problem.

Jules27
18-03-2010, 01:40 PM
I've got some draw string bags .... not made up any sacks yet though!!! Somewhere on my do do list lol!! What stories do people use? The 1st 2 i've got lined up are The Hungry Catapilla and We're going on a bear hunt. ANy other ideas?????:)

green puppy
18-03-2010, 02:00 PM
At the moment I have The very hungry caterpillar, The old lady who swallowed a fly and The big hungry bear. I am going to do The Gruffalo next as the lo's really like this story.

nemo97
18-03-2010, 02:13 PM
:) I've got the hungry caterpillar, gruffalow, monkey puzzle, the tiger who came for tea, Harry and his bucket full of dinosaurs, Room on the broom, Little red riding hood, 3 little pigs.:clapping:
I love them all.:thumbsup:
I get lots of pleasure searching for the items to put inside and the kids enjoy openning the parcels :)