PDA

View Full Version : Cover Minding ......

abijacgem
18-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Hi, a question about cover minding. I have an agreement with a childminding friend, which means I take her minded children if she is sick and vice verse, but only for a day until the parents have made alternative arrangements. How does this work if you are up to your limit with under 3s and they have two of them?? Is it ok to look after them for that 1 day? Does anyone the rules??

cuffleygirl
18-03-2010, 12:04 PM
I thought you could only cover each other if you are within your own limits (ie. if you have a space) as your certificate says registered to mind x under x. Surely if over your insurance is nul and void also?

crazyhazy
18-03-2010, 12:22 PM
I thought you could only cover each other if you are within your own limits (ie. if you have a space) as your certificate says registered to mind x under x. Surely if over your insurance is nul and void also?

This was my understanding too, hence me thinking it wasn't something I'd ever be able to do for preschool age group cos I only have one space.

Mrs.L.C
18-03-2010, 04:13 PM
I dont think you can take more than your registered numbers in this case but you can if its an emergency and I have known others who have got variations to cover other childminders maternity

abijacgem
18-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Ok that answers my question. Ill have to rethink then.
Thanks guys