PDA

View Full Version : Number question please

Helen Dempster
18-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Hi gang

I just need clarification on something, please.

I've had an enquiry for a 4 yo who will be 5 in October this year. I've currently got 2 under 5s. Now, would I be able to take the 'rising 5'(?) Or will he still be regarded as an under 5 (EYFS) until the following August? I'm soooo confused, I think I may have confused everyone else LOL :blush:

Anyway, if I didn't and you're still with me, can you advise? Please?

Ta :thumbsup:

AliceK
18-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Hi
If he is attending full-time school as a rising 5 then he will not come into your EYFS numbers he will be classed as a 5+ for the purposes of your minding numbers.
Does that make any sense. My brain isn't working today :blush:
xxxx

The Juggler
18-03-2010, 12:23 PM
if he starts school in September, then as soon as he's in full-time sessions (not the phasing in sessions) he counts as a rising 5. Mind you I got a variation from September so I could have my 3 under 5's early September when my 2 rising 5's were startign reception, and ofsted were fine with it.

Helen Dempster
18-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Hi
If he is attending full-time school as a rising 5 then he will not come into your EYFS numbers he will be classed as a 5+ for the purposes of your minding numbers.
Does that make any sense. My brain isn't working today :blush:
xxxx

My brain stopped working as soon as I became a Childminder LOL! :laughing:
But, thank you, yes that makes more sense now. I'm sure they word these things so they confuse as much as humanly possible!

Helen Dempster
18-03-2010, 02:26 PM
if he starts school in September, then as soon as he's in full-time sessions (not the phasing in sessions) he counts as a rising 5. Mind you I got a variation from September so I could have my 3 under 5's early September when my 2 rising 5's were startign reception, and ofsted were fine with it.

Thank you :thumbsup:

aly
18-03-2010, 02:47 PM
being 5 in october he misses the intake for sept to go full time doesnt he?

or have i confused myself.

The Juggler
18-03-2010, 04:16 PM
being 5 in october he misses the intake for sept to go full time doesnt he?

or have i confused myself.

no hon, you start during the academic year you turn 5 so he'll be one of the older ones.:)

Daftbat
18-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Sounds like he will count in your over five numbers but don't forget he will still be in the EYFS age range until the end of reception year.