PDA

View Full Version : had enough now

cabby
18-03-2010, 10:07 AM
im so fed up of inconsiderate parents now,

on the way to school yesterday morning one lo (5) starts crying because he has really bad tummy ache and needs a poo!!!!, his older sister then says " we better get him to school quick because hes had lots of poorly poos last night and this morning":angry: :angry: :angry: told his teacher who went to ring mum straight away ( i had to go straight to vets so couldnt take him back with me, but wouldnt want to any way)

last night the mum of another after schooler came to pick him up asked how he had been, and had he been sick at all :eek: because he had been during the night:angry: he had been fine but told her not to bring him today

then i get a call at 6.45 this morning, from the mum of a 2 year old that arrives at 7.00, to tell me hes been up most of the night had 4 really bad nappies, so she wasnt going to rush and wake him up, she was just going to tell work she would be late in, so she could drop him here when he woke up:angry: :angry:

NO NO NO I THINK NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
told her not to bring him till monday!!!!!

ive just emailed them all a copy of my sickness policy,
thats it rant over now, :blush:

jaja
18-03-2010, 10:11 AM
i know what you mean, i am fed up with parents that do this to me, its not good enough, they should respect us as professionals xx

Ben10mad
18-03-2010, 10:15 AM
some parents are just so inconsiderate, what happens if you or the other children catch what ever they have had!!!:angry:

Goatgirl
18-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Oh dear, really hope you and yours haven't caught the lurgies too... at least you've been firm with all of them and had an opportunity to jog their memories about the sickness policy. Fingers crossed they take heed... Its probably just thoughtlessness. Parents of my mindees don't consider their children 'sick' when they're too poorly to go out :rolleyes: .... I do though :D .

bws,
Wendy

cabby
18-03-2010, 10:18 AM
ive only got those 3 tomorrow, so i might just come down with it tonight, and give myself the day off tomorrow:D :D

ooooh i shouldnt joke about it, knowing my luck i really will get it now:laughing:

Lady Haha
18-03-2010, 11:29 AM
I had an opposite sort of situation! one of my mindees has been telling dad when she stays at his house recently that she is ill and has a tummy ache when she's fine, simply because she want to stay with him for the day (parents split up). Me and mum been working on it and agree dad needs to toughen up etc etc etc

Well, yesterday morning, mum drops mindee to me and mindee is in tears and saying she has tummy ache, so I roll my eyes and send mum on her way!

Fast forward half an hour or lying around on sofa, making 'poorly' noises etc, and then she's up to the loo in a flash, heaving her guts up and making a right old mess out of the other end!!!:panic: :panic: :panic:

Poor mum had only just arrived at work when I rang and had to tell her to get back here superquick!!!

Told her mindee wouldn't be able to come back til tomorrow after school and even though she is really stuck and a good friend, she accepted it without any fuss!

haribo
18-03-2010, 12:21 PM
i had a text from mum 730 lo been up all night with d +v but can baby sis whos fine still come . said ok as no others here today .. mum hadnt been gone half an hour before lo was sick everywhere :panic: .. why couldnt she have stayed home with her sis it was obvious she would get it too :rolleyes: they just dont think sometimes .

Alibali
18-03-2010, 01:43 PM
I've got it in reverse today, my ds was poorly overnight and vomitted just as 1st mindee arrived, informed all 3 sets of parents who all decided to send their lo's anyway! Ah well at least I don't lose out on pay.

Carol M
18-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Some parents just don't give a s**t !!!!!!!!!
Carol:angry:

grindal
18-03-2010, 02:40 PM
My mindees mum kept him off when he was sick but wanted to come and visit us so mindee could play with DS1 and 2 cos he was "bored being at home with her!"

I said NO NO NO and told her to keep him off the next day as well as I have 48hrs exclusion after sickness :panic:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
18-03-2010, 02:46 PM
I know how you feel I have one parent that does this all the time and it makes me so mad.

xx

tracey36
18-03-2010, 02:50 PM
parents can be so frustrating at times i think they forget we have our own families as well as other peoples and none of us want there bugs!!! good for you on sending the email perhaps things might sink in :)

Rubybubbles
18-03-2010, 02:52 PM
some parents are just so inconsiderate, what happens if you or the other children catch what ever they have had!!!:angry:

sounds to me like they all did pass it around to each other:(