PDA

View Full Version : Roll on 6pm!

Jelly Baby
18-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Have the parents with the twins round tonight, full time hours all week:) and really hope it works out ok.
I was thinking this morning it would be a huge change for me..currently only do a couple of hours on mond, tue and weds so to work full time mon-fri would be a shock but lovely! It would mean i would never have time to book to go to the dentist,docs etc and wouldnt see dh as much (hes probably glad of that lol!)..but something to do and the money would be fab!
Fingers crossed for me later..i really hope they say yes or no so im not left hanging!

Fabby
18-03-2010, 09:51 AM
GOOD LUCK X

amirose
18-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Good luck hun :clapping: , lets us knok how it goes :)

Leanne59
18-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Good luck!

Jelly Baby
18-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Thanks ladies..eekk only half hour to go..hope they show!!!

patevans
18-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Good luck :thumbsup:

miffy
18-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Fingers crossed and good luck vibes on their way to you now!

Let us know how you get on!

Miffy xx

tracey36
18-03-2010, 05:40 PM
good luck x

TheBTeam
18-03-2010, 05:42 PM
good luck

kats
18-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Hope it goes well,:) i just signed up my 3rd under 5 today i cant believe it, ive had 18 months of hardly nothing then 3 came along, 2 of them are off the childcare.co.uk site, thank god i found it, the best money i have ever spent, good luck.

Katsxx

sandy64
18-03-2010, 05:47 PM
nearly time hope it goes well:)

Jelly Baby
18-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Aaah im a nervous wreck..phone gone twice and i pick it up nervously..not them BUT it's just rung and was the dad..said did i get his message (arranging today as hubby took call) to which i said yes..he said is it still ok to come..i said yes im awaiting you so all fine..he said ok wont be long..ahhhh they only live up the rd so few mins and ding dong lol!!..eeek hoping they dont think im really bad for not ringing them back...
Ill update as soon as they have gone!!
Thanks ladies

Fabby
18-03-2010, 06:02 PM
GOOOOODDDDDDDDD LUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKK
Report straight back

jelly15
18-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Let us know ASAP

Jules27
18-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Hope its going ok!!!! Let us know hun xxxx:D

mama2three
18-03-2010, 06:23 PM
hope its going well. fingers crossed! x

cabby
18-03-2010, 06:25 PM
hope its going well:thumbsup:

doodles
18-03-2010, 06:52 PM
How did it go? Fingers crossed for you!!

PixiePetal
18-03-2010, 07:16 PM
how did it go??

Jules27
18-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Hoping no news yet is good news and that they are busy signing contracts!!! Keep checking the thread for an update lol!!!!!:laughing:

Jelly Baby
18-03-2010, 07:43 PM
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i got them!! Well slight dilemma i need help with..but they are hoping i call them back as said they can come round tommorow to do paperwork!

I quoted £35 per child per day and they have asked me to consider £60 per day..know its only £10 per day diff but it's £200 a month?

The parents were lovely and the kids..went really well and they are lovely..more later but help r.e money as have to ring them back!!!!

Fabby
18-03-2010, 07:47 PM
i keep checking the post aswell!!! she is probably enjoying a nice glass of wine to unwind from all her nerves lol x

Fabby
18-03-2010, 07:53 PM
wow wow wow!!!! u go girl!!!!! if it was me i would take it and review contracts in 3 months time. Have u got any other mindees? and what do other cm's/nursery charge in your area?

Jelly Baby
18-03-2010, 07:54 PM
i keep checking the post aswell!!! she is probably enjoying a nice glass of wine to unwind from all her nerves lol x

Look above lol!!

Jelly Baby
18-03-2010, 07:59 PM
wow wow wow!!!! u go girl!!!!! if it was me i would take it and review contracts in 3 months time. Have u got any other mindees? and what do other cm's/nursery charge in your area?

Hi thanks..so excited!! its a drop in my head from what i worked out but tbh nothing like this is going to come up again..seems too good to be true.
Nurserys are £35 a day or more and other C/M the same as me or less..i cant risk them going else where really so have to ring them back in the morning..I am really trying holding off calling them now but dont want to look eager..would you? my frined says meet them half way but im not sure if its pushing it? aahhhh!

mamasheshe
18-03-2010, 08:01 PM
see if they'd consider £65 do you charge for meals ??

little_gems
18-03-2010, 08:02 PM
well it depends how badly you need the work. I would consider the cut.
well done!!!

Fabby
18-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Hi thanks..so excited!! its a drop in my head from what i worked out but tbh nothing like this is going to come up again..seems too good to be true.
Nurserys are £35 a day or more and other C/M the same as me or less..i cant risk them going else where really so have to ring them back in the morning..I am really trying holding off calling them now but dont want to look eager..would you? my frined says meet them half way but im not sure if its pushing it? aahhhh!

Personally if it was me i would snap therir hands off!!!! its £350 a week!!!!!!!!!!! what is there to think about lol xx i would also ring them now and just say you dont want to loose them because you loved the children and also took to the parents aswell, just be honest!!! where abouts are u from cos that is a good rate?

Goatgirl
18-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Hi :D,
First of all, well done you!! As to the money... I think I agree with your friend about meeting them half way. Maybe ring them back and phrase it something like "I've done a few sums: how's £32.50 a day? ... then if they sound dubious, you can cave in, lol, but maybe with a condition attached if that softens the blow a bit; so...? They provide something you would have done?

Most people looking for a deal do expect you to meet them half way in my experience, so it might be what they're hoping for anyway... good luck :thumbsup:

bws,
Wendy :)

TheBTeam
18-03-2010, 08:08 PM
I would see if they will go for £65, but if you really believe not then i would rather have £60 than nothing, i took this view when i had twins a few years ago.

If you want to do it I would ring them now and say as they said above that you really liked them and the children and would like to work with them, dont appear pushy but being honest like that is no harm.

margimum
18-03-2010, 08:10 PM
I think the maximum help from tax credits is 80% of £300 for 2 children. I think I would negotiate on the price but would want paying for holidays (if they are getting help). Can you try for £325?
Hope they sign up. I wouldn't want to lose them if they fit in well.:)

Jelly Baby
18-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Ok it works out to be £300 a week not the £350 i asked for..i dont need the work as such but know if i dont take it no one else like this will come along..i just think if i say £32.50 a week and they say yes and dont really seem happy with it they may change their minds..aahh not sure what to do but would like to call them back soon and say yes or no..help!

£300 or £325 a week..most votes and ill call them lol!

Fabby
18-03-2010, 08:22 PM
£300 call NOW!!!! xx

amirose
18-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Full time enquiries are few and far between and two of them is almost unheard of - this is a hard call!!!

I think I would be pushing for the £325 only because £25 a week is a £100 a month, it does all add up.

I would word it as someone else said, I have done my sums and how would you feel about £62.50 a day - then quickly go into a spiel about all the great things I include and hope they are happy because you think them the kids are lovely. If they say no or are unsure or even say they have to think you can cave and say ok £60! :laughing:

Fabby
18-03-2010, 08:28 PM
have they been to see any other settings?

amirose
18-03-2010, 08:28 PM
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/rates/taxcredits.htm

Its £300 a week - thats why they are pushing for it - stuff it go for it!!!

If they get the full 80% then they are still going to have to contribute £60 adding another £25 a week is going to kill them.

ALSO if you go for £300 you can ring them now!!!

babs
18-03-2010, 08:37 PM
id say go for £300 ... good luck hun..:clapping:

Chimps Childminding
18-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Personally I would snatch their hand off!!! You don't get many full timers these days and the down side to lots of part timers is that it is rare you get time off which isn't holiday. At least with 2 from the same family there is more chance of the odd day when they both don't come! I have 6 on my books at the mo, and don't get anywhere near £300/week!!

Give them a call :clapping:

Jules27
18-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Go for the £300 and CALL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxx:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Goatgirl
18-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Personally I would snatch their hand off!!! You don't get many full timers these days and the down side to lots of part timers is that it is rare you get time off which isn't holiday. At least with 2 from the same family there is more chance of the odd day when they both don't come! I have 6 on my books at the mo, and don't get anywhere near £300/week!!

Give them a call :clapping:

Haha, the suspense is killing me, and having read the above I'm going to cave and say CALL THEM! If you get the feeling they'll baulk at £65, go for £60... it's pennies when you think of the amount you'll be bringing in.
Otherwise, I don't know about you, but I'll be awake all night thinking about it :D...
Just so that you don't end up feeling annoyed at yourself though, make sure you are very precise about terms and conditions etc when it comes to signing contracts. If they're getting a discount, they need to appreciate that.

Good luck!

Jelly Baby
18-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Well guys sorry to keep you hanging but i never got to ring them..had to go out..i said to dh in the car i was going to text them saying i didnt want to wake the kids but thought against it..dh says i should go for £62.50 per day, dd says the £300!! ..aaaahhh its so hard tbh deciding..the difference is £50 odd a month more if i do the £62.50 per week so quite a difference so they are still £150 better off than the origional quote i gave them!

they are both pharmasists and when i mentioned tax credits to them they didnt know so have left them some info too to take away.
Will call him first thing tommorow and prey they say yes..if not ill go with the £300 and hope i havent scared them off!! I will also add everything is included etc but already did this so hope it will help.

They were very willing r.e car seats too and said i can have theirs mon to fri..they said they are universal after i said i needed to check them..they were happy to provide evrything but i would have to get another cot..very helpful though.

they also havent been to see anyone else..they love the fact the kids are so close and that the house is identical to theirs (new houses), must have been odd for the kids as same house but different furniture!

Till the morning then!!

Thanks ladies x

Probey9
18-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Well done to you.:clapping: :clapping:

Bitsy Beans
19-03-2010, 07:28 AM
Glad it went well :D

Personally I'd accept the £60 a day and run with it. Two full timers seem to be rarer than hens teeth these days!

mama2three
19-03-2010, 07:55 AM
well done you - they probably are expecting you to meet them half way tbh , if someone is going to ask for a discount they always go for more than they would be happy to get iyswim!
If they are both pharmacists then they may not be eligible for tax credits , but thats not down to you!
Good luck , keep us posted!

Jelly Baby
19-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the replies ladies.

Well you will laugh i actually had a sleepless night (always sleep so so well) due to worrying about what they will say when i call them, i had a dream about them getting home and the ladies sister (who currently has them) seeing my prices and saying she would do it for half etc..who knows!..

Well debated all last night what to do..had 2 people saying go with what they want and 2 people saying up it that little bit and see what they say as can always drop down if they say no..so dying to call them this moring i get home from work and ring..no answer..i left a message saying i had looked at the figures etc and was willing to meet them at a compromise of £325 a week, for this everything is included except nappies and i hope that this would be ok as they seemed like lovely boys. Could they please call me back once they had made a decision...ahhh nothing yet. I know they are both working today so not suprised but really hope i havent blown it and ruined my chances by being greedy!

RING PHONE RING!!!

Jelly Baby
19-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Sorry me again..omg it's driving me mad please ring..do you think they will in the lunch hour that's why they haven't???..ahhh!

Jules27
19-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Chances are they are busy hun and will call you tonight. MAy not even have picked up your message. Its the waiting which is the worst bit!!! Keep us posted! xx

Jelly Baby
19-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Thanks Jules..yeah i know it's just they have ben so eager i was hoping as i called early they would respond that's all that's worrying me!..hope he has a luch break 1-2pm?!!..if i havent heard by 6ish ill call them again.
Thanks x

TheBTeam
19-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Doh, i thought you were posting all was great! :laughing:

Jelly Baby
19-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Right well they have text me saying thankyou for the message and they will have a think and let me know by 2pm tommorow. At the same time another text came through from the other mum with baby saying she will be in touch before the end of term..i dont think i can do that though so have asked her to ring me to sort deff times etc..hasen to add dh is in my bad books as i will be cross if i have blown my chances with the twins..will be begging them for a reconsideration tommorow you just wait!!
Sigh i HATE waiting!!

Fabby
19-03-2010, 04:47 PM
my fingers are crossed for you. To be honest with you though, i would of agreed to the £300 and review contracts in 3 months time. I think £300 is better than nothing and when you are starting out i dont think you can be picky.... the best source of advertising is word of mouth. To them that extra £25 is alot over a month so thats prob why they are wanting to think about it. I really do hope you get them and please let us know when you have had the phonecall. xx

Jelly Baby
19-03-2010, 06:19 PM
my fingers are crossed for you. To be honest with you though, i would of agreed to the £300 and review contracts in 3 months time. I think £300 is better than nothing and when you are starting out i dont think you can be picky.... the best source of advertising is word of mouth. To them that extra £25 is alot over a month so thats prob why they are wanting to think about it. I really do hope you get them and please let us know when you have had the phonecall. xx

Aaaah don't say that i know i know!!!..i'm really really kicking myself and hoping they come back with a yes but if it is a no i can still retrieve it by saying £300..i HATE the waiting though tbh i am very impatient! least i have the day with my sister shopping tommorow will take my mind off it i hope! I am now paranoid that they are seeing someone else tommorow as why say 2pm but then remembered i'm sure one of them works a sat..still can't they sit down now and talk and call me ..NOW!!..dear me the stress i can't take it lol!!
Every time the phone goes i jump but not them..always a stupid call centre or something equally as thrilling!
Oh also i have been minding for 4+ years so should be used to this though!
Hey ho till tommorow..saying that a lot lately!

Fabby
19-03-2010, 06:23 PM
i remember u saying in one of your previous posts that u didnt want be left hanging and just wanted a straight answer. Have a drink tonight to take your mind off it!! they are prob adding up their finance's to make sure they can afford it.... but i was one of the fewwho did just say snap their hands off lol..... oh im sure it will be ok. wouldnt u just love to be a fly on their wall!!!! x

Jelly Baby
19-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Antpop i do hate the suspence but nothing i can do short of popping round and hassling them..hmm now theres an idea they are only 2 mins away lol..i had to laugh at the fly on the wall bit as they speak polish at home so id'e be none the wiser lol!
I know you said take it and i hope i get the chance..hey ho these things were maybe meant to be..weren't they?!!

Fabby
19-03-2010, 06:33 PM
yes, iam a strong believer in everything happens for a reason!! im sending you lots of good luck dust your way but iam sure u wont need it xx
ENJOY A DRINK TONIGHT!!! xxx

mama2three
19-03-2010, 06:33 PM
ooh the suspense!
Still got my fingers crossed , i think you did the right thing too. x

Jelly Baby
19-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Thanks ladies..
antpop thanks hope your right and the reson is a good one lol!

mama2three the suspence is killing us all here too..got dh asking have they text rung etc..dd asking as soon as she got out of school!! aahhh need ot switch off..i HOPE im in with a chnace if they havent snuck off and seen someone else tommorow..but thats just my luck!

Ill update as soon as i hear something!! aside from C-minding we have been awaiting our decking quote for a couple of days now..supposed to call today and rung to say he would call tonight so we are on tenderhooks about that too as been saving for so long!!

little_gems
20-03-2010, 05:59 PM
hi just wondering if we ha any new yet???

babs
20-03-2010, 06:19 PM
was just about to post same question..... have them rang yet

TheBTeam
20-03-2010, 06:54 PM
ahhh come on i've checked twice for an update since 2o'clock!

Jelly Baby
21-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Hi sorry guys didn't update as had sister round for the evening and she didn't go till 1am!!

WELL!! It was a lovely day but was obviously awaiting the twins call at 2pm!! I spent it with my sister but was very aware of the time all day!! 2pm came and went and at about 2.45pm i couldn't bear it anymore..i went to text them and my phone died just as i went to send a message hasen to say i couldn't do a lot as stuck miles away from home grr! Got in and there were 3 missed calls on the home phone..dh asking why my phone was off had they called etc!!..plugged mobile phone in and a message off them saying they are interested and we need to sort details can they come around again 31st..i text yes anything i could help with before they are welcome to call, then got in again from nipping out and they had rung asking me to call..I called and they agreed the extra money and said yes
... i have the twins YAY!! going to sign bits on the 31st..ahh the relief and excitement!

I called dh (who will never let me live it down as he suggested the extra money)..i wound him up by saying they had said no, he went dead on the phone and i said why so quiet..he said because im wondering when you asked them to revert back to the price they were happy with and i said i hadn't..as i was lying!!

Anyway being negative like i am until the 31st comes i guess they can still change their minds but looks good so far!..he said they would like to do paperwork then as off properly and not rushing like the visit as such so good news! They also said they had tried a soft play area i had reccomended to them and the boys adored it so very pleased i would be taking them there!

Thanks for all the replies and advice you are all wonderful xx

PixiePetal
21-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Good news!

I am sure all will be fine when you get them signed up. They must realise it is hard to find someone with 2 spaces free for twins too :)

Fabby
21-03-2010, 11:16 AM
WOOP DE WOOP!!!!!!!!! well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

little_gems
21-03-2010, 11:50 AM
well done!!!!

TheBTeam
21-03-2010, 02:22 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Jules27
21-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Thank God, at last!!!! well done!!!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

SparklingGems
21-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Im glad it worked out for you in the end and with extra money to well done

Jelly Baby
21-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks ladies! yes really pleased and hope to god nothing goes wrong before now and then, wish they would just sign up now! (9 days to go!)..i have 3 easy days coming up then away for couple of days so hopefully will take my mind off it!
Then when/if they sign i will have a month off before i start working full time with them..so excited!!
Thanks for all the replies x

Gizmo
21-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Fantastic well done you :clapping: :clapping:

Zoomie
21-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Congratulations and well done you.

Enjoy the calm .... while it lasts :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jelly Baby
22-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Thanks ladies!! thanks zoomie i was thinking the same but have just remembered that it is half term in April for 2 weeks and i'm chocka..suppose it eases me into madness!!