PDA

View Full Version : activites that arent

mushpea
18-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Just latley i have planned to do several activites that havent happend, like this week we were going to decortate st patricks day shamrock pics but as the weather was nice we ended up in the garden and this is how it seems to have gone the last few weeks, we dont seem to have done half of what i planned.
Is it ok to change the plans like this? should i be sticking to the plans?

miffy
18-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Oh no - there's no point in trying to stick to a plan no-one wants to do!

We were the same this week - weather lovely so in the garden or to the park - activities still on the drawing board!

You're going with the flow and following the children's interests and that's part of EYFS so it's fine

Miffy xx

RedDragon
18-03-2010, 08:38 AM
After the vile weather we have had get them in the garden - best thing for them. :clapping:

mama2three
18-03-2010, 08:46 AM
if you looked at my planning file youd be horrified! there are big arrows on it moving things to other days and things crossed out everywhere. when i redo the forms the largest boxes will be for 'spontaneous'.

Tink
18-03-2010, 09:04 AM
That's the best thing about our job, we can do what we want when we want.
So if the weather is nice we can go outside and please don't worry about your planning.
We went out all day yesterday so i'm doing the things I planned Friday instead.
Our planning is not set in stone so we can pick and choose what we do, as long as the children are having fun and learning along side, thats all that matters.

Winnie
18-03-2010, 09:10 AM
if you looked at my planning file youd be horrified! there are big arrows on it moving things to other days and things crossed out everywhere. when i redo the forms the largest boxes will be for 'spontaneous'.

glad i'm not the only one :p mine has lines through, refer to:, arrows, arrows pointing off the page (nx wk).. i understand whats going on but i doubt anyone else would get it :laughing: the sheets are a complete mess by the end of the wk.

Mrs.L.C
18-03-2010, 09:10 AM
This is why I dont write the days on my plans and do them over a month rather than weekly as this happens all the time here. You are doing exactly what we should be - just add what you have said on the planning somewhere (like an evaluation - we didnt do this because the children wanted to do this instead)

Pipsqueak
18-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Just latley i have planned to do several activites that havent happend, like this week we were going to decortate st patricks day shamrock pics but as the weather was nice we ended up in the garden and this is how it seems to have gone the last few weeks, we dont seem to have done half of what i planned.
Is it ok to change the plans like this? should i be sticking to the plans?

that sounds just like what you should be doing - following the childs leads, taking advantage of spontaneous moments (like good weather)

I have been told to put a (humourous) disclaimer on my planning -
these plans are subject to change or cancellation in order to follow a childs interests

ss1983
21-03-2010, 02:48 PM
so on our weekly plan say we planned to play with cars for example but we went out instead do we need to write this on our plan,