PDA

View Full Version : refused to have mindee due to virus?

emmadines
18-03-2010, 08:18 AM
I hope Ive done the right thing, I got a call tuesday from mindees mum telling me mindee has a viral infection and has spots/ blisters over his body and his groin area. he needs steroid cream 3 times a day.

I have asked her to keep him off till the spots/blisters have dried up or gone... I called my doctor for some advice (not naming the child) they and 2 other c/m just said listen to my judgement and acting on caution is a good idea! I do feel bad tho...... mum said she understands, I also have 4 other children that i mind and my own 2.

(I also dont want my 2 to get it as we are off on holiday wee after next :clapping: )

would you have dont the same thing?

jelly15
18-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Yes exactly the same.

Chatterbox Childcare
18-03-2010, 08:25 AM
It is my understanding that virus's are not contagious so I would ask parent to confirm with the doctor and if this was the case I would have the child and get the parent to sign for the cream to be administered.

miffy
18-03-2010, 08:32 AM
I would have done the same as you

Miffy xx

emmadines
18-03-2010, 09:05 AM
It is my understanding that virus's are not contagious so I would ask parent to confirm with the doctor and if this was the case I would have the child and get the parent to sign for the cream to be administered.

all viruses that use a human as their host are contangious. That is how they survive and multiply. If not, they would probably aready be extinct. They just differ in their route of transmission. Example, cold virus is spread by airborne droplets.

Blisters have tendencies of being contagiouse a week before and after any blisters appaer.

Fabby
18-03-2010, 09:13 AM
Clever lady!!! lol xx
No i would do same as you.

all viruses that use a human as their host are contangious. That is how they survive and multiply. If not, they would probably aready be extinct. They just differ in their route of transmission. Example, cold virus is spread by airborne droplets.

Blisters have tendencies of being contagiouse a week before and after any blisters appaer.

emmadines
18-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Clever lady!!! lol xx
No i would do same as you.

joys og google lol, i just re read my post, it sounded a bit abrupt :s its not ment to be

Fabby
18-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Its because it sounds very medical! You didnt have to tell us you googled it, you could of got away with it!! lol

joys og google lol, i just re read my post, it sounded a bit abrupt :s its not ment to be

ORKSIE
18-03-2010, 09:33 AM
[QUOTE=Antpop;667354 You didnt have to tell us you googled it, you could of got away with it!! lol[/QUOTE]

:laughing: :laughing:

I would have done the same:thumbsup:

emmadines
18-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Its because it sounds very medical! You didnt have to tell us you googled it, you could of got away with it!! lol

lol thought id check before i said it and got it wrong lol

tracey36
18-03-2010, 09:48 AM
id have done the same you dont want all the other childrens parents keeping them away why you look after this child

Mookins
18-03-2010, 09:49 AM
would have done the same and am sure the mindee would prefer to be home anyway...cant be very nice for them :(

x x

abijacgem
18-03-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm with you on that.......I think it is important the child be at home when they are ill anyway, I know I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!!! Must say tho that I've never heard of a virus with blisters?! Only high temps etc

The Juggler
18-03-2010, 12:21 PM
hand foot and mouth is a virus I think, and that is blister like

JJAY
18-03-2010, 06:42 PM
I would have done the same. Also you don't have to apply the cream if you don't want to, another reason not to sen the child.

solly
18-03-2010, 06:45 PM
I would of done the same thing