PDA

View Full Version : what disability resources do you have?

CAZMCA
17-03-2010, 11:07 PM
please i don't think i have enough

charliegee
17-03-2010, 11:09 PM
I have very little I have to say - although I do have lots of books which show disability in a positive light as well as posters up also in a similar theme.

I was looking a while back on some good websites but things I really liked were quite expensive I have to say

Do you belong to a toy library you could use?

x

CAZMCA
17-03-2010, 11:11 PM
I have very little I have to say - although I do have lots of books which show disability in a positive light as well as posters up also in a similar theme.

I was looking a while back on some good websites but things I really liked were quite expensive I have to say

Do you belong to a toy library you could use?

x

yes i am, the only problem is that it is only open on tue & thur morn and i have no way to get there, no chance i could bus it with loads of toys lol

charliegee
17-03-2010, 11:28 PM
haha - yes could be a nightmare juggling toys on the bus!:)

I know that the WOW! toys are good - and the happy people also have a school set which is sold in ELC and has schoolchildren with disability represented

I know a childminder who has teddies and puts bandages on them (okay not necessarily a disability resource!) but her inspector liked this

x

claireLouise
17-03-2010, 11:35 PM
I bought a set of cuddly toys; it comprises 2 dolls and crutches, guide dog, wheelchair, glasses and blind person's stick and a set of books.

Hope this helps.

Heaven Scent
18-03-2010, 06:08 AM
I bought a set of cuddly toys; it comprises 2 dolls and crutches, guide dog, wheelchair, glasses and blind person's stick and a set of books.

Hope this helps.

Where did you get these from??? They sound really good.

I have a

1) set of block people which I got from a sale in one of the Educational resource catalogues,

2) ELC set of school children mentiloned in another post

3) I recently bought some Little People stuff from someone on here which included the bus with the wheelchair and some little people with glasses.

3) books - including Balamory (they cover 3 things - scottish (I used to have mindees whos mum was scottish) - black - and diability.

4) Pictures downloaded from internet.

5) I have also got a wheelchair that you can put a doll in but its being repaired at the moment I also don't like it very much because the frame is metal and the foot plate sticks out quite far and the children often run it into each other legs and cause injury :panic: - I got this from my local minder group who were given it by someone at the council minding team before the days of childrens centres.

The trouble is these resources are usually very expensive compared to other resources we can get so they go to the end of my list.

I got a few books from the book sale section from my local library - but that seems to be it.

CAZMCA
18-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Where did you get these from??? They sound really good.

I have a

1) set of block people which I got from a sale in one of the Educational resource catalogues,

2) ELC set of school children mentiloned in another post

3) I recently bought some Little People stuff from someone on here which included the bus with the wheelchair and some little people with glasses.

3) books - including Balamory (they cover 3 things - scottish (I used to have mindees whos mum was scottish) - black - and diability.

4) Pictures downloaded from internet.

5) I have also got a wheelchair that you can put a doll in but its being repaired at the moment I also don't like it very much because the frame is metal and the foot plate sticks out quite far and the children often run it into each other legs and cause injury :panic: - I got this from my local minder group who were given it by someone at the council minding team before the days of childrens centres.

The trouble is these resources are usually very expensive compared to other resources we can get so they go to the end of my list.

I got a few books from the book sale section from my local library - but that seems to be it.

and here i was going to throw out my balamory books :eek:

haribo
18-03-2010, 08:43 AM
i have the wow ambulance -from home bargins 9.99 the kids love putting the patient into the wheelchair and rushing off to the `hospital `oh and the dog kindly removed barbies hand the other day i was going to throw her out till i realised the potential there :laughing: i did have to monitor the dogs toilet breaks till the hand reappeared :panic: other than this i havent much but i like the idea of bandaging teddies -its a great use of out of date bandages :thumbsup:

Fabby
18-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Some inspiring ideas here cheers

sarah707
18-03-2010, 06:18 PM
You might find more ideas in these 2 threads :D

Disability resources
http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=40&highlight=disability

Multicultural / disability links
http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=211&highlight=multicultural