PDA

View Full Version : activites

littlestars26
17-03-2010, 08:55 PM
help i need some activites for children 1 to 3 years to cover all areas of learning especiall cll and psrn children really intrest in cars, roleplay, messy, baking any ideas would help thank you

The Juggler
18-03-2010, 09:38 AM
help i need some activites for children 1 to 3 years to cover all areas of learning especiall cll and psrn children really intrest in cars, roleplay, messy, baking any ideas would help thank you

if they like cars, a garage will cover psrn if it has ramps, lifts that move, doors which open. they can explore speeds down the ramp, how to fit the car in so the lift will go up etc. Add some blocks in for 'free' construction and they can build their own bridges etc.

Water play is fab for KUW/PSRN and I would just use your own interaction during activities to teach vocabulary and words to describe the ideas they are exploring - positional language, why the water is pouring faster/slower etc.

sarah707
18-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Look at the Eyfs guidance... there are loads of ideas if you read it through for all 6 areas of learning and development. :D

jojane
18-03-2010, 06:45 PM
not sure of the areas they cover but when i did toddler craft classes i did a transport week
we made lorries out of empty tissue boxes ( i bout the 25p value ones and let the kids empty them as a fun, energy burning activity)
painted with cars, used old small cars with different wheels and the kids roll them through paint and make tracks on the paper

cooking - you could make choc crispy cakes - as easter is coming up you could add a mini egg to them
fairy cakes are alway a good one
make thier own pizzas for lunch

messy play - use mud, rice, pasta, jelly, sand, water, cornflour gloop,

Fabby
18-03-2010, 07:45 PM
have a look on ******************* they have lots and lots of ideas on there