PDA

View Full Version : Not happy

Adiamond
17-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Well my potential parent/mindee never turned up :angry: :angry:
This has happened to me so many times now it is unreal I am feeling that I will never fill these vacancies :(
I am gutted this was for a full time place :mad:
I honestly don't know what to do I advertise everywhere, everyone knows I am a childminder at school, my car is sign written I must be doing something wrong I can't even get these people through my door :( .

Sorry just needed a rant x

It's a small world
17-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Have you tried putting leaflets through doors. Perhaps you have a local paper/magazine.

Keeping fingers crossed you get some good news soon. :group hug:

Daddy Day Care
17-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Get in touch with your local paper and see fi they will do an article on you :)

I registered around the same time as you and i finally got my first mindee 3 weeks ago, thanks to an articlke in the paper.

I know its hard but try and keep your head up im sure sometihng will come along soon

Gareth
xx

funemnx
17-03-2010, 08:54 PM
You will be surprised how many calls you get with your free yellow pages add! I've never paid for a full add but have had many enquireies with the free one line add! I know it doesn't help now, but once you have 1 child the rest come word of mouth :) xxx

sarah707
17-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Oh hunny that's not fair!

Have you tried childcare.co.uk? A friend has had 3 enquiries in the last couple of days with her ad.

Hugs xx

TheBTeam
17-03-2010, 09:02 PM
I have had a few in the past that ring up and then dont turn up, some people have no idea of the hassle of this, i believe if they are like that then you are better off without them, but it is a horrible feeling when you have vacancies you are desperate to fill and you dont even get to meet them to be in with a chance!

Adiamond
17-03-2010, 09:03 PM
I advertise on childcare.co.uk, netmums always top of the list, yell, childminderfinder, my local free paper, touchlocal and loads of others.
I do have a lo who's 2. She is an only child at home and she is my only mindee her mum did comment on that the other day :( .
Whenever I get an enquiry it is something I can't do for one reason or another then this one rang and seemed perfect!!!! I honestly think I must be doing something wrong or coming across in the wrong way :blush: x

Jelly Baby
17-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Hi it is dis-heartning but dont give up.

I have ads on my car, advertise in all local newsagents, clinics, cafes, play centres..i have my own websiter which i try to promote..after telling friends i am losing one i have had numerous enquiries so helps to put the word out..
Of course netmums, freeads, childcare site above!..yell.com..flyers ahve got me ppl round before too..Good luck hun sure something will trun up xx

Carpet Monkeys
17-03-2010, 09:52 PM
I advertise on childcare.co.uk, netmums always top of the list, yell, childminderfinder, my local free paper, touchlocal and loads of others.
I do have a lo who's 2. She is an only child at home and she is my only mindee her mum did comment on that the other day :( .
Whenever I get an enquiry it is something I can't do for one reason or another then this one rang and seemed perfect!!!! I honestly think I must be doing something wrong or coming across in the wrong way :blush: x

When you get an enquiry arranged to come round, do you take a number and call them the day before to confirm you appointment? I do, just to remind them in case they've forgotten the time, address etc.

Gizmo
17-03-2010, 09:54 PM
It is horrible when they dont show
I have a space and have been advertising everywhere leaflets/netmums/on my gate/in the local shops/and my car so hopefully will get some calls soon

Hope things will pick up for you (and me) soon :thumbsup:

Bitsy Beans
17-03-2010, 10:01 PM
I've had this alot. It's taken me a year to fill my vacancies and I've found out the little boy I took on in Feb is likely to be moving so I will be back in the same boat.
It's nothing you're doing wrong - if your area is anything like mine it's really quiet for work.
Do you have a local CM group you attend? Do other CM's know you are available?

Chin up, I hope something turns up soon for you xx

Pela
19-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Hi,

I have been registered since Oct 08 and still feal very much a novice. I have only ever been full once and that was only for 4 weeks and only on 1 day a week. :crying:

I have had soooo many let downs they feal sorry for me at my local toddler group. From just not turning up around tea time and not letting me know. To saying mum will see me on whenever and then 'phoning to say grandma will help out. :mad:

I have advertised locally where I would be noticed, and am on my local council website, but have got loads of new ideas from your replies. :)

I can only keep trying. :thumbsup: