PDA

View Full Version : Do friends of your own kids take you over you numbers?

Schnakes
17-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Thread title says it all really! Both my kids would like friends to play during the easter holidays (one over five, one under). I am full, numbers wise...can I have them to play?

Sx

berkschick
17-03-2008, 09:39 PM
No I dont think you can have them over because it will take you over your numbers. I dont think its about who is there and paying and who is there as a friend but more about being responsible for a certain number of children.

Sarsar3NCH
17-03-2008, 09:40 PM
As far as I am aware, no, you would be over your numbers if you had friends round to play. My kids hate this.

Sarah

Mollymop
17-03-2008, 09:45 PM
I suppose it depends hw old the friends are. If they are over 8 surely it would be ok?

Mollymop
17-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Sorry I misread, i wasn't sure of age. X

Schnakes
17-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Thats what I thought. Such a shame. :( Kids dont understand when you tell them about Ofsted and the such like do they. Well, my daughter would, but not the wee man.

Sx

sarah707
17-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Not if they are under 8 and you are otherwise full... sorry little S :(

Pauline
17-03-2008, 09:53 PM
No sadly you can't, it's one of the big downsides of minding, used to be difficult for me when my kids were little, trying to explain to them and their friends and even their friends mum why they couldn't stay and play. :(

Tried to make it up by having weekend or sleepover specials. :)

Schnakes
17-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Pauline - for my sins...I work weekends too!!! :doh:

Most of my friends are childminders too, so we usually just pitch in together and have all the kids do something lovely. Doesnt work all the time though. Now my son is getting older he wants to be a little socialite!

Damn...guess I'll just have to send them round their friends houses instead....what a shame!! :thumbsup:

Sx

Mollymop
17-03-2008, 10:04 PM
It's a shame S, I feel for you. MAybe when the mindees parents book holidays you could quickly get around to inviting the friends around quickly!
I am lucky that Tim is 9 and his mates are over 8 but I may have probs when Caitlin starts shchool, if I am full up.
You are lucky being full though, I must say. Well done to you:clapping:

Schnakes
17-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Thanks Sandra! :D Its funny...Ive always managed to keep one morning free for the last two years...and I miss it now its gone! As a complete thread hijak - I dont get time to read all the threads - how are you getting along with your own business?

Sx

Mollymop
17-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Oh S! I am still awaiting my CRB's and it is taking ages! Actually, only in my 6th week of waiting, but I think it is still ages! haha! just hope I can fill up well like you have when my time comes. X

Schnakes
17-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Oh lordy!! My CR was done pronto cos I used to work for the social services - Mr S took about 3 months! Nightmare! My advice to you PESTER!!!! :D :thumbsup: Keep at em....they'll break eventually!!!

To keep on with the thread...Mr S will be on leave over the easter holls...could I possibly wangle it that HE is responsible for my own children (who are also his), so that they are not included in my numbers, or is that just too silly?! :rolleyes:

Sx

Mollymop
17-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Hey S, who do i pester as I have tried the CRB place and they fob me off with "it is out of our hands, etc.
Who else can i pester

Schnakes
17-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Who are the "CRBplace"??? I just phoned our local police station. When It got to the point of sheer ridiculousness, I said (to the police) "fine - I will just have to get in contact with my MP and the local press".....my CRB paprwork arrived within the week! :D (I was a bit dissapointed in a way...I'd spent ages typing up a reet posh letter to my MP!!! :D )

Sx

Mollymop
17-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Who are the "CRBplace"??? I just phoned our local police station. When It got to the point of sheer ridiculousness, I said (to the police) "fine - I will just have to get in contact with my MP and the local press".....my CRB paprwork arrived within the week! :D (I was a bit dissapointed in a way...I'd spent ages typing up a reet posh letter to my MP!!! :D )

Sx

who are the CRb place?? The Criminal record bureau of course. i phoned them. Thanks, I will try that then. X

Alibali
18-03-2008, 02:18 PM
I have an extra one on my registration certificate (7 instead of 6), and never fill this space so my own can have a friend round. I just need to be firm and not fill the space- not that I want to anyway.

Alison x

Rubybubbles
18-03-2008, 02:19 PM
back to op!

No! I'm lucky as I have 2 5 + spaces which I don't want to fill so ds can bring a friend round (dd only 3 so doesn't happen much!)

Banana
18-03-2008, 02:23 PM
In reply - yes they do, so be careful with who your children invite into the house while you are minding too.

mum2two
18-03-2008, 06:05 PM
I phoned ofsted about this and asked them, as felt it was unfair my dd misses out because I childmind, and they have said it's fine.

If it's a one off thing, and you are not charging, then your children can have friends over, even if you are up to your numbers.

No doubt that someone will get told somthing different if they call ofsted up, (which makes me think I should call & get it in writing - just in case...!)

But I have had dd friends over, and I'm full after school - as ofsted have informed me I'm ok to do so!

Kelly x

flora
18-03-2008, 07:14 PM
I phoned ofsted about this and asked them, as felt it was unfair my dd misses out because I childmind, and they have said it's fine.

If it's a one off thing, and you are not charging, then your children can have friends over, even if you are up to your numbers.

No doubt that someone will get told somthing different if they call ofsted up, (which makes me think I should call & get it in writing - just in case...!)

But I have had dd friends over, and I'm full after school - as ofsted have informed me I'm ok to do so!

Kelly x

I got told the same thing, not so much a prob as ds is 10 and dh is at home all day too. I came up against this one when minded children want friends back to play, also one wanted friends round for a "party" for her b'day. Rang powers that be and explained and they said was ok for one offs as long as no charges were being made. Wish OFSTED was more consistent,no wonder we don't know whether we are coming or going :eek:

deeb66
18-03-2008, 07:18 PM
If I were you I would get it in writing!

You know what Ofsted are like......one person says one thing and someone else says another :angry:

Schnakes
18-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Thanks for that info, Kelly. Its funny being a childminder...you start thinking about right odd stuff....like when its my sons birthday and he has a party for all his chums....I'd be ovr my numbers - but Im not working!!! :rolleyes: No normal mum would go..."ooh - my child wants a birthday party but Ofsted only allows 3 children to one adult"!!!!
Sx