PDA

View Full Version : ADVICE NEEDED PLS

andreaschildcare
11-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Hiya

I am thoroughly annoyed!

When on maternity leave another childminder looked after my children. I helped her alot with getting her paperwork sorted, her car sign written the same as mine etc, and then asked her to have my mindees whilst I was on maternity leave.

Anyway, one of my mindees, decided she would rather go to this other childminder. The mindee is 10 years old and rather unpleasant, what she wants she gets!!! So thr parent didnt bother letting me know themself that they were leaving but got the other childminder to ring and tell me. I was very upset.

The child then proceded to tell all my mindees to leave here as my daughter is horrible and to go to the new childminders. Nasty little piece of work!

So anyway, a parent of a child i currently care for is friends with the parent of the child that goes to the other childminders. Now 2 weeks in a row on a tuesday she has come to my house to collect her child but bought this ex mindee here when she collects. Now I know its probably not professional but this child is not welcome at my house.

Even me and the cm dont talk now.

What can I do? am I being unreasonable?

Thanks

LittleMissSparkles
11-12-2007, 07:08 PM
i no it must be a very hard situation to be in but try to remember how ever nasty you think this child to be she is only 10 and exaactly that , a child !

iGNORE THE COMMENTS AND BACK BITING AND GET ON WITH THINGS, THE PARENTS YOU HAVE WILL NO HOW GOOD A CHILDMINDER YOU ARE AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS, IF SHE REALLY WAS A NASTY CHILD YOU ARE BETTER OFF WITHOUT HER !!! ( oops sorry didnt realise clicked caps lock sorry )

as for the childminder what goes around comes around I am sure somewhere down the line she will need your help .....

xxx

sarah707
11-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Hi Andrea and welcome to the forum!

TBH I would grin and bear it - my town is too small for bad feeling and I really need to work. But the child wouldn't be welcome inside the house - she would wait outside :p and if it got worse, I would ring her mother and speak to the mother who keeps bringing her round and explain (in the nicest possible way) what the little witch was saying to the other children... no way would I let a 10 year old wreck my business!

andreaschildcare
11-12-2007, 07:23 PM
thanks (im not new here btw but had to rejoin) :laughing:

Yes I think its sad really, the new childminder said to me "i wouldnt normally do it but i really need the money" What????????? as if I dont with a newborn baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Totally stabbed in back I felt, but ive moved on from that!

But you're right I am just rising above it, but I dont want the girl in my house :angry: it wasnt good enough for her before so why should she come in here now???

smartypants
11-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Good advice even already !!

What goes a ground comes around :thumbsup:

Hope you get it sorted soon hun xxx

Pudding Girl
11-12-2007, 07:48 PM
I don't actually think you can blame the other minder for the parents wanting to keep their child with her, chance everyone takes when having to go on amternity or long term sick or whatever, that they might not want to uproot them again..... but oh my goodness you sound well off out of it, what a little WITCH!! And for the parents to not even have the courtesy to tell you they wouldnt be back, well thats disgusting, letting other people do thier dirty work!

I would have a word with her parents too actually, you can't afford to have rumours being spread around about you and your business. I would tell parents that if I heard anything else, that child will not be welcome to even call at your house with the other mindee's parents.

And try to keep the peace with this other minder, doesn't seem like she actually has done anything wrong tbh, just been put in a hard situation.

andreaschildcare
11-12-2007, 08:00 PM
well, I was on maternity leave, then the parent paid me a retainer thru the school holidays, then the other cm rang me and they came here for 4 weeks for the notice period when school started again, and it was the other kids here that told me what she was saying to them!

angeldelight
11-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Poor you

Not sure what to say really I think everyone else gave the advice

I personally would still be nice to the little girl and I would invite her in - rise above it and let her see what she is missing
I agree with Susan she is still only a child

I hope you find someone soon to replace this child

Good luck with the situation

Angel xx

andreaschildcare
11-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Thanks everyone, I have already replaced her and thats not the issue. Whats upsetting me is this parent bringing this child into my house!!! And the parent is well aware of how I was treated and what they did! I just feel they are rubbing my nose in it and have a damn cheek :angry:

berkschick
11-12-2007, 09:49 PM
I am not quite registered yet so cant offer any advice from experience but I am one stubborn person when I want to be and I dont like to be treated badly so I can really understand how you are feeling about this, poor you.

I think I would have the mindee ready and waiting by the door so that when the Mum came with the 10 year old in tow the mindee was ready for the off and they wouldnt need to come in. I would just do this on the day the 10 year old there but carry on as normal the rest of the time!

Love

Debbie

angeldelight
11-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Sounds a good idea what Debbie suggested

Angel xx