PDA

View Full Version : NCMA inc grant

SparklingGems
17-03-2010, 03:32 PM
In my area we get 1 years membership to the NCMA free but You cant send off your form until your registered then it says it can take 28days to recieve the pack.

Does this mean I wont be able to get insurance for 28 days to?

Has anyone got any experience of this?

christine e
17-03-2010, 03:47 PM
In my area we get 1 years membership to the NCMA free but You cant send off your form until your registered then it says it can take 28days to recieve the pack.

Does this mean I wont be able to get insurance for 28 days to?

Has anyone got any experience of this?

I would give NCMA insurance department a ring - I think they will be able to sort it out for you

Cx

Mouse
17-03-2010, 03:53 PM
The way it works here is you apply through early years.
Once you've got your CRBs back you can send the application form to your Early Years team. Then, once your registration is through, they will apply for the NCMA (or MM) pack & insurance for you.

Most people aren't ready to work straight away, so it doesn't matter if the pack & insurance take a bit of time to come through, though it's not normally as long as 28 days. Some people take months before they get any work, so you don't want the insurance to start till then anyway.

If you have mindees lined up & want to start as soon as your registration is through you can phone Early Years and ask them to arrange immediate insurance for you. Our EY team are really helpful.

If you're applying through Early Years, phone them to see what you need to do.

aly
17-03-2010, 04:10 PM
I had my insurance in january but wa registered in feb...worth asking them.

SparklingGems
18-03-2010, 01:57 PM
The way it works here is you apply through early years.
Once you've got your CRBs back you can send the application form to your Early Years team. Then, once your registration is through, they will apply for the NCMA (or MM) pack & insurance for you.

Most people aren't ready to work straight away, so it doesn't matter if the pack & insurance take a bit of time to come through, though it's not normally as long as 28 days. Some people take months before they get any work, so you don't want the insurance to start till then anyway.

If you have mindees lined up & want to start as soon as your registration is through you can phone Early Years and ask them to arrange immediate insurance for you. Our EY team are really helpful.

If you're applying through Early Years, phone them to see what you need to do.

Thank you I do have children lined up to start. Im hoping my crb comes through soon. I will give them a call at early years to see if they can start my insurance straight away after I get my crbs.

Did you find the pack useful?

SparklingGems
18-03-2010, 01:58 PM
I had my insurance in january but wa registered in feb...worth asking them.

Did you get yours through your local early years?

SparklingGems
18-03-2010, 01:59 PM
I would give NCMA insurance department a ring - I think they will be able to sort it out for you

Cx

will try and ring early years first then try NCMA thank you

Emz
19-03-2010, 01:48 PM
As far as i am aware you will be covered from when they receive it as long as you didn't put a certain start date on your form.

Would be interested in hearing if this is right though, thats next step for me.

KarenM
25-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Think I will have to contact them too as I have a child waiting for to me be registered. Can they insure you and then send out the policy?