PDA

View Full Version : poo problem

karenandsmile
17-03-2010, 12:29 PM
sorry guys not sure where to put this post so here goes

i care for a child that is in the prosess of being statmented he is 3 years old and no where near ready to be potty trained

the problem i have is he keeps taking his nappy off and searing the contents on anything near buy legst walls toys etc

he can not comunicate to you and has partical hearing with sligh autisic tendancies

any ideas other than standing over him 24/7 and checking his bump ever min of the day how to help try and stop this

prolems involved

while im cleaning him up the other kids arnt being cared for as well if i dont get the poo off from where he has put it the other kids may get hold of it

i dont want to give up the child as i feel he needs the help and care and not all child minders will be as forgiving as me

cleaning him up is not a 5 min job if i remove him from room to bath him all other kids need to sit in the bathroom with me not much fun for them

plus i think the mum needs the repite from him too

ANY IDEAS????????

mama2three
17-03-2010, 12:37 PM
only a little practical advice , maybe you can try fastening his nappy at the back instead of the front and it will be much harder for him to remove. or asking mum to consider putting him in dungarees , then he cant get at the nappy at all. does he do it at home?

karenandsmile
17-03-2010, 12:57 PM
yes he does this at home i have to say the mum is a bit in denial of his problems ad comunication skills i have had the child since january and this is the first time in my care he has done this but mum says he has done it at home

i have requested that he must have a vest on but i like the dungaree idea will suggest that to mum

wendywu
17-03-2010, 01:00 PM
One of my friends minds a child like aged 5. She has him in one of the all in one long sleeved sun suits that do up down the back.:)

youarewhatyoueat
17-03-2010, 01:17 PM
I presume he is being assessed under caf to see what his additional needs are, if he is you should be asked for your input and will be part of the process, in which case the lead professional may be able to help with suggestions.

karenandsmile
17-03-2010, 01:24 PM
yes he is in the system and i am making obsevations when i have the child and keeping a full detailed record of events the good the bad and the ugly lol

he will be starting nusery after easter if the statment is in place by then which i know it wont be it dosnt happen that quick as only been going since i started making noises in january i have to say i wasnt resieved very well and came off the phone calls with steam coming out my ears as i was told it will be down to the doctors or schools to sort out not me as iam only a child minder !!!!!!! i then pointed out as being only a child minder i am an accreditted netwrok childminder and qualified to work in a school enviorment and that they would listen to me then oo i was not a happy bunny spoke to ncma not had that much backing form them either alos spoke to the senco asking for extra resorces and maybe a visit would be nice but nothing

WibbleWobble
17-03-2010, 01:27 PM
sellotape!

as a mum of a child on the autistic spectrum sellotape was a god send!

DD#2 would take her nappies off and her bed would look like a dirty protest in a snow storm!

She didnt come out of nappies during the day until she was 5 and night time was 9.

Contact the continence service...he might need bigger nappies soon and they will give advice.

re statement...got mum in touch with your counties version of parent partnership. I volunteer for ours and i work as an advocate during meetings..these can be harrowing for parents and help with the form filling.

pm me if you want..mum can contact me too

love mandy xxxxxxx

Tina O
17-03-2010, 01:30 PM
sorry I have nothing usefull to say but hope you can find a way through xxx

teacake2
17-03-2010, 02:24 PM
I can't really help with the nappies only to agree with what has been said before, I have had recently looked after a child who has been statmented, I was regularly asked for my imput and was told that as I looked after him full-time my imput was very important, it took about 6 months to get everything sorted although we did have problems with the fact that I live in one county and he lives in another, only a mile away but it could have been the other side of the moon sometimes trying to get each of them to communicate with each other.
Teacake2