PDA

View Full Version : so upset

Bevbeetle
17-03-2010, 10:46 AM
i have a 10 yr mindee who been with me for 6yrs he comes from one parent family he has been told his dad in prison (hes not) anyway i have had a few problems over the years mum always sides with him, he is leaving in 3 wks shes lost her job yesterday i picked him up from school as normal when we got back he started throwing toys around house i said please dont do that you wouldnt do it at home he replied i can do it at home then started shouting at me i asked him to sit down think about how he was treating me
he carryed on being really cheeky his mums friend picked him up he started crying soon as she come i explained why he was crying
:angry: :angry: :angry: this morning he walked in i asked if he had anything to say to me he replied yeah my mum says i only have to put up with you for another 3wks then im out of here:angry: :angry: :angry:
i cant wait for her tonight i never let my own children speak to me like that

carla
17-03-2010, 10:48 AM
That's discusting. What a nasty family. Has he only just started behaving like this?

Blaze
17-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Give noltice with immediate effect due to behaviour reasons!:angry:

LOOPYLISA
17-03-2010, 10:52 AM
:eek: :angry:

caz3007
17-03-2010, 11:13 AM
I would be really upset too. I have several older mindies and one is particularly rude to me, but not any more as I got really cross one day and let rip about how I dont talk to him like that, and I dont expect him to talk to me like it. He is fine now :)

At least you also dont have to put up with it for too long, but how upsetting that mum took that attitude too. I would speak to her tonight and if you arent happy, then terminate now

haribo
17-03-2010, 11:17 AM
think i would be giving notice i would not like to have a child in my house after they said that :angry:

Jelly Baby
17-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Ooops not a great thing to say really is it..sorry to hear that. I hope you get an apology and it isn't too much of a battle. x

wendywu
17-03-2010, 11:34 AM
I would say to her " No wonder you lost your job with an attitude like that " :angry:

solly
17-03-2010, 11:40 AM
I would give notice straight away as i would not tolerate being spoken to like that and especially as it seems to have been instigated by the mother

doodles
17-03-2010, 11:41 AM
think i would be giving notice i would not like to have a child in my house after they said that :angry:

Me either :mad:

Lily Grace
17-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Your story sounds like my ex-mindee. I put up with his really bad attitude towards me and my children for 3 months. I called his mum to have a chat about him and she said he was probably bored and as I was an inexperienced childminder (I have been minding nearly 2 years now) that was why I was having problems with him. If you haven't got the back up of the mum then you are fighting a losing battle.

Pipsqueak
17-03-2010, 01:12 PM

Ditto - I would not be spoken to like that in my own home - especially when you know its coming from the parent!

patevans
17-03-2010, 01:15 PM
i have a 10 yr mindee who been with me for 6yrs he comes from one parent family he has been told his dad in prison (hes not) anyway i have had a few problems over the years mum always sides with him, he is leaving in 3 wks shes lost her job yesterday i picked him up from school as normal when we got back he started throwing toys around house i said please dont do that you wouldnt do it at home he replied i can do it at home then started shouting at me i asked him to sit down think about how he was treating me
he carryed on being really cheeky his mums friend picked him up he started crying soon as she come i explained why he was crying
:angry: :angry: :angry: this morning he walked in i asked if he had anything to say to me he replied yeah my mum says i only have to put up with you for another 3wks then im out of here:angry: :angry: :angry:
i cant wait for her tonight i never let my own children speak to me like that

:eek: How dare he speak to you like that, I'd have to terminate with immediate effect!

angeldelight
17-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Some parents honestly :eek:

Hope you are ok sorry that she upset you

Hugs

Angel xx

Bevbeetle
17-03-2010, 02:00 PM
thankyou everyone i foned parent told her i want to speak to her asp her reply im going out tonight i havent got time :angry: :angry: when she picks him up im going to give her bill tell her he not welcome anymore all the other kids been upset by this they dont like it when he plays up :angry:

teacake2
17-03-2010, 02:08 PM
I had a 3 year old very similar to this and I knew that she was just repeating what her Mother had said because the Mother spoke in exactly the same way, any way when the little one started hitting and shouting at the special needs little one I had and telling him he shouldn't be at my house because he wasn't right I soon gave notice with immediate effect, I had been having problems for a while and had logged everything that she and her Mother and sometimes Father had said as I knew I would be reported to OFSTED if I gave notice, which she did, OFSTED got me to send them a copy of everything I had written down, statements from other parents who had witnessed it and said that I was in my rights to terminate immediately because of the issues. So don't let them get you down, no way do you have to take this abuse from them.
Teacake2

Tina O
17-03-2010, 02:15 PM
whats that notice they put up in shops and places now....?

abuse of the staff will not be tolerated?

I would 'demand' an apology or they would not come back! give notice. xx

tracey36
17-03-2010, 02:19 PM
that is disgusting been spoke to like that is bad enoug but in your own home!!! no wondr he thinks he can get away with it if his mother is giving him a response like that i would refuse to have him until i had received an appology, i look after a 13 year old she has been coming to me since she was 9 and i have never been spoke to in that way chin up there are good ones out there just depends on if they have been brought up or dragged up!!

jelly15
17-03-2010, 03:15 PM
I would give notice straight away as i would not tolerate being spoken to like that and especially as it seems to have been instigated by the mother

Absolutly agree.

little_gems
17-03-2010, 08:08 PM
hi how did tonight go???
i hope that they said sorry your feeling better.

It's even more upsetting when you know that the mother has said it!!

Bevbeetle
17-03-2010, 08:53 PM
the mum was brill tonight she was very angry with him said sorry to me think i wil see 3wks out but i did give it her when she came she was embrassed

The Juggler
18-03-2010, 09:39 AM
the mum was brill tonight she was very angry with him said sorry to me think i wil see 3wks out but i did give it her when she came she was embrassed

ooh! glad she backed you up - do you think she really did say it or would he go to the lengths of making it up?

emmadines
18-03-2010, 09:49 AM

I agree 100%

Bevbeetle
18-03-2010, 10:21 AM
i have just calmed down mindee came in this morning the mum sat in car waved him off he said my mum says i have to say sorry i dont want to but i have to :angry: :angry: anyway i thought right lets leave it now
2 mins later he said im going to disco tonight my mum says i been so good all week i am allowed to go
i foned her up said i felt like he was laughing at me her reply
he was upset because he been naughty at urs so i am trying to cheer him up
i have told her last day 2moro cant take anymore

mushpea
18-03-2010, 10:54 AM
good for you,, what a cheeky so and so, mind you his mums obviously not helping matters is she!