PDA

View Full Version : im puzzled any ideas?

littlestar
17-03-2010, 09:21 AM
hello and good morning everyone just wanted to share this and any feedback would be great i have a mindee aged 3 and when we do arts and crafts she does this. I gave her this morn a book all about her and asked her to colour i set out crayons and felt tips all colours she has done each page a seperate colour page 1 red page 2 blue page 3 green and so on this has been happening ever since she was young when we paint all her pictures are the same colour she doesnt change even though there are several colours in front of her. I find it quite interesting any feedback about what you think?

youarewhatyoueat
17-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Try experimenting with chalks on the patio, use different coloured ribbons and talk about drawing them as a rainbow.
What does she say she is drawing when you ask her. Try googling it there is probably a paper written on this theory somewhere, there usually is a theory behind every different stage of development!!!

sandy64
17-03-2010, 01:43 PM
i think this is quite normal at 3 ive also noticed it alot over the years but now leave them to it as they do seem to learn to experiment and use different colours on there pictures soon enough.:)

Tina O
17-03-2010, 01:47 PM
I have a 4yrs old boy I look after who will not paint with the colours as given, he has to always mix them...... even if its just adding a little white to lighten or black to darken, I just let him do his thing!

SparklingGems
17-03-2010, 01:48 PM
I think it must be a stage they go through. My nephew is also 3 and he uses one colour to. He even lines his cars into colurs and plays with one colour at a time.

My sister even tries to encourgae him to change colour and he just says no this pic is blue, Il use green next time.

Mouse
17-03-2010, 01:52 PM
I think this is quite normal. Children do seem to like to stick to one colour. The 3yr old (almost 4) I look after is just starting to use different colours. He did a wonderful picture yesterday and used every colour we had, but before that would just use one colour.

I've also noticed that children seem to like dark colours. Given a choice they'll often go for black, brown or dark blue rather than brighter colours.

patevans
17-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Little boy I look after only wants to colour/paint etc in black because its the same as Daddies car :thumbsup:

tracey36
17-03-2010, 01:54 PM
sounds normal to me i have some children that use every crayon available and others who just stick to the one i wouldnt worry to much about it