PDA

View Full Version : Am fed up

melanieabigail2004
17-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Have been up all night with my head down the toilet and feel like the walking dead. Texted parents at 7am to say I can't work. Apparently I am being unreasonable because if my girls and DH haven't got it therefore I am probably not contagious (some logic in there somewhere!). Anyway I said No really I can't work and they are insisting on sending the kids as they have an important meeting this morning.

I am too tired to argue and to be honest if I am contagious and the kids get it its the parents fault and they will have to pay me if they can't come.

I am bored of parents thinking I am there personal slave.

LOOPYLISA
17-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Hope your better soon, get yourself back to bed :thumbsup:

doodles
17-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Aw, hope you feel better soon. Stick to your guns and say no!! Its not really about whether you are contagious or not, if you are too poorly to work then you wont have the energy to look after the kids!

Fabby
17-03-2010, 09:05 AM
oh dear, hope you start to feel better. I take it this isn't the first time they hvae treated you like this? like you say, if the children get it, which they prb will, then it will be the parents at blame

Polly2
17-03-2010, 09:09 AM
That awful :angry: You need to give them no option...you are ill and you can't work thats it.
I hope you feel better soon xx

melanieabigail2004
17-03-2010, 09:27 AM
They are a difficult set of parents and served notice on their last childminder because of her sickness record - not very understanding - they would be better off with a nanny

funemnx
17-03-2010, 08:18 PM
When I was off for 2 (very rare) days in December I texted the parents, then switched my phone off!! The number of parents who call at 7:30 in the morning when you've BOOKED a hiliday is unbelievable!!!