PDA

View Full Version : What are our data protection boundaries?

Fabby
16-03-2010, 07:43 PM
as in, are we allowed to tell parents the names and ages of other mindees in our setting?

babs
16-03-2010, 07:48 PM
mine know the 1st names of other children as their children go home and say x and i did this today,never discussed ages tbh but then i wouldnt discuss another child with someone else's parent..

auntym
16-03-2010, 08:02 PM
My parents all see each other about, so its just like one big family really. They all openly talk to each other and chat at mine to.

sarah707
16-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Parents are not told anything they do not need to know about other children!

They know birthday months from newsletters and they are aware of first names from their children talking about the others here but I don't share any other information.

Hth :D

Fabby
16-03-2010, 09:13 PM
okey dokey thats what i thought but just wanted your guys advise before calling my DO. I have parents lined up and they have obviously asked about the other children who will be coming to my setting aswell as in just their name and age, which is ok to tell them isn't it?

loocyloo
17-03-2010, 08:13 AM
mine all know first names and ages, quite often a prospective parent will want to know what children/ages will be with their child on particular days.

bizarely, i am going to have 4 children one morning a week ( variation ) who are 0, 1, 2 & 3 and ALL have their birthdays in july within a few days of each other !!!!