PDA

View Full Version : please help agen :(

hollyoaksmad
16-03-2010, 05:31 PM
I wrote a msg yday :

a parent has emailed me askin if i have any spaces and i sed yes then she sed

Great can i have your ofsted number?

iv never been inspected iv had my pre reg but this is my 1st enquiry do i give it her?x

and you all told me not 2 give the number which is correct iv now had another email of her saying!

"
We need an Ofsted number in order to check that you are a registered childminder and to be able to claim back the cost of childcare from the Inland Revenue otherwise we cannot use you as a childminder."

Thing is ive never met the woman and iv given my phone number but no phone call i have called ofsted and they said dont give it out i dont no what to say or do now?

please help

Mookins
16-03-2010, 05:40 PM
explain for safety reasons you cannot give this out to anyone until you have had a meet and greet,they could be some weirdo loony or someone trying to scam the system, if they really interested they will agree and come round

sounds well dodgy:eek:

x x

babs
16-03-2010, 05:41 PM
she can enquire about childcare costs without having your number my friend did this when she was thinking of goin back to work before she accepted the job...... does sound a bit dodgy

melanieabigail2004
16-03-2010, 05:42 PM
I don't give out my registration number until they come to sign contracts. If you give it to them before there is nothing to stop them using your number and claiming credits but not actually use you which is fraud. If they want to check you out they can come and read your policies etc.

Sounds iffy to me

Mel

haribo
16-03-2010, 05:44 PM
she doesnt need the number to know you are registered though :angry: tell her to phone ofsted to confirm your registered . sounds very dodgy :panic:

hollyoaksmad
16-03-2010, 05:46 PM
I no its weird do they need your number for inland rev?x

cuffleygirl
16-03-2010, 05:52 PM
They only need your no for IR if they have signed contracts and are actually using you - to claim tax credits - if they use the number without signing contracts/using your service/paying for it they are frauluently claimed from IR

Minstrel
16-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Tell her you are a registered CM and WHEN she books an appointment to come and see you, you will show her all your relevent documentation. Reg numbers are not necessary until childcare has commenced and tax credits need to be informed.

tulip0803
16-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Tell her you are a registered CM and WHEN she books an appointment to come and see you, you will show her all your relevent documentation. Reg numbers are not necessary until childcare has commenced and tax credits need to be informed.

As above. You can also say that OFSTED have advised all childminders not to give out their registration number until contracts are signed and they are more than happy to confirm that you are a childminder by phone or she can contact the local FIS who will also confirm that you are registered.