PDA

View Full Version : pond safety

Mookins
16-03-2010, 04:50 PM
we have a pond in our garden which i know will need securing...now i have found this website http://www.creativepondcovers.co.uk/ which look fab and very safe and as hubby is a photographer suits his needs too...my only question is they dont show a price and from past experience means they are gonna be soooooooo expensive!
does anyone else have ideas about safety with ponds and can you advise as to whether there is anywhere cheaper but just as safe that tax will not sting me for as im sure they proabaly would not agree with whatever prices these charge

x x x

samkeddy
16-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Hi cant really help as far as covers go, but just thought i'd reply as had a pond when i had my pre-reg visit, i was allready planning on filling it or covering it and told the inspector this, she was very nice but at the same time very against ponds of any type and said to be carefull with covers as alot still arnt as safe as she'd like, so i decided to fill mine in (in the middle of Jan in the snow) wasnt easy and doesnt look nice but its safe, i'll glam it up in the summer!!!

Think covers are dear but hope you find something to suit you x

Mookins
16-03-2010, 05:31 PM
thanks hun appreciate that...i'll probably section the piece of garden off aswel but will still get a cover...perhaps i should ring these and ask for rough prices:idea: ...they do say they are designed with ROSPAS guidelines so will have a word

x x

caz3007
16-03-2010, 06:35 PM
I dont have a pond, but when I registered Mrs O said if I did she would have to be able to stand and jump on the cover and not get wet, just wondering if that helps you with the sort of thing to cover it with

Ripeberry
16-03-2010, 06:41 PM
I've sent a message to you Mookins :)

Dragonfly
16-03-2010, 07:46 PM
I have always had a pond, it has fence all around it and no gate. We have foot stalls for the children to stand on and watch the frogs and toads/newts other pondlife, never ever has it been mentioned.