PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been offered a job in nursery with CM qualifications?

Leelee
16-03-2010, 04:37 PM
I have recently been registered but found out I was pregnant a few weeks before! I currently have no mindees and am due my baby in 4 months, so have decided it might be best to postpone starting business till after baby born! I was just wondering if anyone has ever got a job with there childminding qualifications, in a nursery! I'm thinking that this would be easier when I have a newborn and actually just want a normal, go to work/come home job? What do you think my chances are?

tulip0803
16-03-2010, 05:05 PM
I got a job in a Family Centre with the lvl 3 certificate in childminding practice but they would have preferred an NVQ3 as it is more rounded. It depends on the job you apply for, the nursery managers & your experience, knowledge and whether you have the full qualification or only the first part.

I was able to answer all their questions and I had worked as a childminder for a few years before I moved to Wales & had to re-register with CSSIW.

youarewhatyoueat
17-03-2010, 08:27 AM
I've got creche work in the local children centre and help out in an emergency at a playgroup but only because i've got an nvq3, i'm also registered with a nanny agency but they all want the nvq3.