PDA

View Full Version : New Mindee Started Today!!

katickles
17-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Well my new mindee started today & i have to say he's such a cutie!!!

All was going well. Dad dropped him off this morning & he was fine when dad went to work. We just waved dad off & then he came for a nose round the house. I had planned to take him & my dd to the park as it was lovely this morning. All was going well, i was just sorting the double buggy when disaster struck!!!!! He took a tumble outside my house, falling over the door step! I somehow cought his coat but not in time as he still managed to bang his head!:eeeek: The poor little thing, i felt soooooooooo bad. He now has a graze & a bruise on his head, great start. He'd only been here 2 1/2 hours.

I filled in an accident report for parents to sign when collecting, but spent all day feeling sick with worry. Dad was really good about it when he collected him - saying these things happen. Mindee has been fine so no damage really other then the bruise.

I've promised to have an accident free day tomorrow & am planning on going to the park with my dd, new mindee & my 3yr old part time mindee so fingers crossed! :panic:

Trouble
17-03-2008, 07:40 PM
these things happen, and the dad was happy so dont worry yourself

good luck for tomorrow

sarah707
17-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Poor you!

I hope you have a nice quiet day tomorrow! :D

Polly2
17-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Oh dear! Bet you felt awful!!

At least the dad was ok about it. Hope all goes well tomorrow xx

Banana
17-03-2008, 09:34 PM
I've had 2 mindees both have bumped heads on their first days.

they do it on purpose!! they want the parents to feel bad about leaving them so they hurt themselves to make them guilty so that the parents blame themselves for leaving them and getting a baddy so that come the weeknd they get spoilt rotten - trust me its true :laughing:

I've got the little monkeys sussed!

xx

miffy
17-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Don't worry mindee was fine and so was dad

Hopefully tomorrow will be accident free - are you sure the park is a good idea? :laughing:

Miffy xx

Tily Bud
17-03-2008, 09:44 PM
dont worry it wasnt serious and these things happen xx

Delly
17-03-2008, 11:05 PM
poor you for your first day, bet you felt really bad..

for sure he'll be right, these things happen with kids, hope the rest of the week goes better for you

xxx

ma7ie
18-03-2008, 09:46 AM
Hope you have an accident free day today. Good luck. :D