PDA

View Full Version : Positive Vibes Please

teacake2
16-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Please will you all send me some positive vibes, I have a Mum and little baby coming to see me tomorrow for 3 days a week, long hours but I really do need this, it will be the difference between me having to get a part-time evening, weekend job.:) :) :)
Teacake2

Mookins
16-03-2010, 03:41 PM
positive vibes on their way ly lovely

can you feel them?:)

x x x

Helen Dempster
16-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Positive vibes are on their way - I've sent them via carrier pigeon, so you should get them sooner than 1st class post :laughing:

sandy64
16-03-2010, 05:44 PM
hi sending you positive vibes good luck and im sure it will go well let us no:)

babs
16-03-2010, 05:49 PM
my vibes are on the way , fingers,toes and legs crossed too.... ill even stroke the budda's belly whenhe gets home :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jelly Baby
16-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Sending them your way!! good luck xx

mamasheshe
16-03-2010, 07:12 PM
sent :D :D :D

tulip0803
16-03-2010, 07:26 PM
PVs ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sent. Good luck x x

sarah707
16-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Fingers crossed! :D

nell57
16-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Good luck, hope it goes wel xx

Probey9
16-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Fingers crossed for you, good luck.

green puppy
16-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Good luck!:thumbsup:

MrsT
16-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Good luck :)

miffy
16-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Sending heaps of positive vibes and keeping fingers and toes crossed too!

Hope it all works out for you :)

Miffy xx

teacake2
17-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Parent and baby came to visit, not sure what to think, she was very nice and baby lovely of course, but don't think I would be posh enough for her, both Mum and Dad have very high flying jobs, live in very large house, my little 2 up 2 down would fit in half their downstairs, but at least she came, going to talk to her husband when he is back from out of town and let me know if they will both come back or not.
Sometimes you instantly know don't you.
Teacake2

SparklingGems
17-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Fingers crossed you hear some positive news soon :thumbsup:

nannymcflea
17-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Fingers crossed for you.:)

miffy
17-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Don't put yourself down - she came to talk to you - she could easily have driven past.....................

Fingers crossed :)

Miffy xx

Cammie Doodle
17-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Don't put yourself or your Home down, they may be high flyers, but they are not willing to stay at home and look after their LO. :(
I made a choice years ago to stay put (no posh house or car )instead stay at home and bring up our Son a decision I have NEVER regretted. I know not all parents take the decision lightly to return to work and most NEED to, but can't be doing with SNOBS.
Fingers crossed you get some mindees soon :thumbsup:

haribo
17-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Don't put yourself or your Home down, they may be high flyers, but they are not willing to stay at home and look after their LO. :(
I made a choice years ago to stay put (no posh house or car )instead stay at home and bring up our Son a decision I have NEVER regretted. I know not all parents take the decision lightly to return to work and most NEED to, but can't be doing with SNOBS.
Fingers crossed you get some mindees soon :thumbsup:

spot on - i live in a small house . the poshest couple ive minded for absolutely loved coming in in the mornings as it was `so warm and cosy` :clapping: they had a huge house they couldnt heat and they both had to work full time . ive never regretted staying in a small house and staying at home with my kids and ive never envied `high flyers` anything ! good luck i hope they come back and sign . its what goes on inside the house that matters and if someone cant see that i dont want to have them here anyway :D

Jelly Baby
17-03-2010, 06:50 PM
I get like you sometimes.. but really don't. Yesterday i had a teacher wife (and hubby is) round..all she kept saying was 'gorgeous house' which i found quite funny as dont get me wrong i love our house but it is a 2 bed town house whereas i reckon there house would double mine!
All my parents now are teachers or doctors so doesnt mean anything

At the end of the day they chose you..fingers crossed she gets back to you soon xx

jelly15
17-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Positive vibes coming right to you.

jules j
17-03-2010, 08:01 PM
as everyone has said you never know, I've had people that seemed really keen and not got back to me and yet my last one was grilling me for almost 2 hours then said she would talk to her hubby,I thought i wouldnt hear from her and yet she rang a few days later to ask to come and sign contracts! so fingers are crossed for you:thumbsup:

Tups
17-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Nobody is too posh for you, they have to work for a living just like you They just earn more lol :laughing: :laughing:

funemnx
17-03-2010, 09:32 PM
It'll be fine, no probs.... :) xxxx

Daddy Day Care
17-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Parent and baby came to visit, not sure what to think, she was very nice and baby lovely of course, but don't think I would be posh enough for her, both Mum and Dad have very high flying jobs, live in very large house, my little 2 up 2 down would fit in half their downstairs, but at least she came, going to talk to her husband when he is back from out of town and let me know if they will both come back or not.
Sometimes you instantly know don't you.
Teacake2

This is exaclty how i feel after every parent meeting, i only live in a council house. If the parent makes a decision on the size of your house then they are not parents you want to work for. Keep your head up i hope they choose you

Gareth
xx

Bitsy Beans
17-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Good luck hope you get the work x

Ripeberry
17-03-2010, 10:37 PM
My house is not big and both my mindees families live in bigger houses and one has even designed and built their own :eek:

teacake2
19-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Well father came to visit this morning at 8.30 for an hour, everything sounded positive, but then came a list of "extras" that they would like me to do, hours would be from 8am - 7p.m., they wanted me to put him upstairs to sleep in the day, I explained I don't do that and haven't got the bedrooms registered, then as it was a late finish could I bath him so he was ready for bed, it was originally for 3 days, then it would be for 2 days with the possibility for 2 more half days but no guarantee, she is in the medical profession and says that it is not necessary to exclude for V and D!!. I know I said I really need another mindee for the money side of it, but it made me feel that my life would not be mine, and I could imagine more and more things being told to me that I would have to do. I think she would be better off with a nanny who would be able to do more of the things that she wanted.
Anyway I will wait a bit longer, have had a query for a 14 year old in the holidays, she has issues so will meet with them and discuss if she will fit in with us or not, doesn't like a lot of noise, this being the reason she left her other minder.
Could I just thank every one for their positive vibes, they did work, shame it did not fit in with us. Next time hopefully.
Sorry for the long post.
Teacake2

Jelly Baby
19-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Aww sorry it's not worked out but tbh they sound like hard work!
When you say your bedrooms arent registered where do the kids sleep?
I would steer clear anyway and hope somehting comes along if you can afford to. x

teacake2
19-03-2010, 10:56 PM
The children sleep downstairs, either in prams, or on settee, I find that works best for me.
Teacake2

angeldelight
20-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Well father came to visit this morning at 8.30 for an hour, everything sounded positive, but then came a list of "extras" that they would like me to do, hours would be from 8am - 7p.m., they wanted me to put him upstairs to sleep in the day, I explained I don't do that and haven't got the bedrooms registered, then as it was a late finish could I bath him so he was ready for bed, it was originally for 3 days, then it would be for 2 days with the possibility for 2 more half days but no guarantee, she is in the medical profession and says that it is not necessary to exclude for V and D!!. I know I said I really need another mindee for the money side of it, but it made me feel that my life would not be mine, and I could imagine more and more things being told to me that I would have to do. I think she would be better off with a nanny who would be able to do more of the things that she wanted.
Anyway I will wait a bit longer, have had a query for a 14 year old in the holidays, she has issues so will meet with them and discuss if she will fit in with us or not, doesn't like a lot of noise, this being the reason she left her other minder.
Could I just thank every one for their positive vibes, they did work, shame it did not fit in with us. Next time hopefully.
Sorry for the long post.
Teacake2

Oh thats a shame it did not work out

Hope you get some more calls again soon

Angel xxx

singlewiththree
20-03-2010, 07:12 AM
I think you have made the right decision. I think they need a nanny rather than a childminder. Good luck with the 14 yr old.

The Juggler
20-03-2010, 08:25 AM
sounds like a lucky escape to me! sorry it didn't work out though but you don't want nightmare parents!