PDA

View Full Version : Would you? and how much?

Bananabrain
16-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Hello guys, I'm s'posed to be on sick leave {just had gallbladder out, don't ask**:laughing: but can't keep away from here. I think I just need some reassurance that you are all still there and the world's still turning.
Just had an enquiry from a single dad looking for respite care.
3 under 5's alternate Sats or Suns in his home.
Possible overnight {not sure if he means all night and whether I'd get to sleep**
How much to charge and how would this be viewed with regard to childminding/ insurance etc?
Any views would be appreciated.

Chatterbox Childcare
16-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Childmnding is care from your home. You would be babysitting as far as I would see.

Take care not to over do it.

little_gems
16-03-2010, 07:42 PM
hi i'd too say that you would be babysitting so not sure about insurance!! sure someone will be along with the right information

carol cameron
17-03-2010, 08:18 PM
You would be babysitting but if you are a member of NCMA, insured with them and use their babysitting checklist you will be covered by the insurance you hold as a childminder- I think. might be worth checking out. Good Luck.Carolx

funemnx
17-03-2010, 08:51 PM
It might be usefull to look up a Babysitting service site. The normal charge is £7.50 per hour (and more for overnight stay). You aren't covered with your insurance and it woud be a private agreement between you and the parents. Normally, I charge £30.00 per night for overnight stay (7.00 p.m. - 7.00 a.m) and the hourly rate thereafter. Hope this helps! :)

angeldelight
19-03-2010, 09:07 AM
What did you decide to do in the end?

Not sure I would fancy staying in a strangers house over night ha

Sorry to hear you have been poorly not a very nice op to have - take it easy and get well soon

Angel xx

youarewhatyoueat
19-03-2010, 02:19 PM
My friend has also just had her gallbladder out so I sympathise with you xx

You can do this work either as babysitting and use the ncma babysitting checklist so you are insured or as you will probably already be on the voluntary register(ring and check) you can then do it as a nanny and take out the nanny insurance with ncma.
If you go down the nanny route you use the same ofsted number for childcare vouchers if they wish to use them.
Ofsted will require you to tell them that you are joint nannying/childminding only if you do it as a regular job and the hours go over the amount of hours you childmind. This is so they can also visit and inspect you as a nanny.
The best bet would be to do it on an adhoc arrangement Ie booked each time and then it won't be viewed as a regular job.
I joint childmind/nanny children and ofsted were happy with what I am doing. They were very helpful on the phone so just ring and see what they say. But the ncma insurance for nannying was only £26 extra I think.
I charge £8 per hour to nanny in their home and thats the same if I stay overnight, some nannies charge between £8-£12 per hour up to midnight and then a £35 sleepover rate till 7am.
If his children have been assessed under caf or he is registered for respite care he may well be getting a grant of about £6.70 an hour for a certain amount of hours depends how they are assessed