PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo!! First call

crazyhazy
16-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Am so excited, just had my first phone call, was so surprised and caught off guard I forgot to even ask how old the child was, but the details I got were it's a little boy, before school and after school till 4/4.30pm monday to friday. The mum mentioned she works in the secondary school so am guessing it will be term time and she said her current childminder was stopping at easter. Gah she'd coming tmrw afternoon so now I need to finally sort my fees out!

Minstrel
16-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Great news!

I would be inclined to chare a session rate for him as an hourly rate probably won't make it worth your while yet he'll still be taking up an after school space whether it's in your numbers or car etc

Good luck x

jelly15
16-03-2010, 02:47 PM
I charhe £3.50 per hour minimum of 2 hours

crazyhazy
16-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Thanks, I'm charging £3.50 per hour but was thinking of doing the before & after school for £50 for the week? Does that sound ok? And what about the holidays if she only wants to use me term time? Is a retainer of 50% reasonable? And what do boys like, I've only got little girls!

doodles
16-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Thanks, I'm charging £3.50 per hour but was thinking of doing the before & after school for £50 for the week? Does that sound ok? And what about the holidays if she only wants to use me term time? Is a retainer of 50% reasonable? And what do boys like, I've only got little girls!

Great news, good luck for tomorrow! £50 sounds very reasonable :thumbsup:
I dont know about retainers as i dont charge them but i think 50% is ok.

miffy
16-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Good luck tomorrow! Hope it goes well for you

Miffy xx