PDA

View Full Version : In a pickle... (Long & confusing...)

mum2two
17-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Well, it took me 9 mths to get kids after starting, and unfortunatley they were just after schoolers.

But now, I've taken on 1 full timer & her brother after school, and I have a full time 8 mth old starting in Sept. From Sept I will also have an under 5 space available.

Here's my problem(s)...

The ft will be at school in Sept, so that's 2 after schoolers I have. They've only been with me since end of Feb, as their old cm went on maternity leave. From speaking to old cm she seemed to think they were going back to her in Sept. Asked mum tonight, (as I'd rather know), and she said no, she didn't want to mess them about, as older one doesn't like change, & settle very well. (Has settled well & quick at my house though).

One of my other p/t also starts school in sept, and mum wants me to do til 7 every eve. And full time 8-7 during hols. So overall works out similar amounts of money.

On top of this, I have my 2, (both under 8), and a couple of other under 8's various nights,

If I keep the 2 I've only just taken on, then that means that can't take on anyone else from Sept. As over my numbers in the evenings, (so you say I could do until 3pm), but during the hols, I'd be over my numbers during the days too.

Arrrrgggghhhh what to do. I just don't want to get a reputation for letting people down. But I've had a few enquiries for September, so potentially could fill my ft space, and be earning more money.

What would you do. Stick to what you've got, or give notice....?

Kelly x

Alibali
17-03-2008, 06:22 PM
I personally wouldn't want to work till 7pm, especially when you have little ones of your own. But thats just my opinion.

ALISON X

mum2two
17-03-2008, 06:28 PM
I already have her til 7 3 nights a week, and it's not that bad. My kids get ready for bed, and ds (who's 2 goes to bed still at 6.30)

And I know the mum, and little one is quite easy. Especially once she starts school, she'll be knackered!!!

It's just, just getting rid of 1 doesn't help my situation. I may be able to juggle it getting rid of one, but not sure...?

Hmmmmmm why aren't things just straightforward???

Kelly x

Pudding Girl
17-03-2008, 06:29 PM
I think I would be looking out for a full timer to start sept and give notice to the two after schoolers if it's over your numbers. At the end of the day, you are a business and need to have a good turnover. Sounds like the other minder would have space again for them, so let them - but that's just what I would do, am trying very hard to start as I mean to go on and treat this purely as a business transaction!

Speak to me again in 6 mths and I might say different though!!

Trouble
17-03-2008, 06:53 PM
I think I would be looking out for a full timer to start sept and give notice to the two after schoolers if it's over your numbers. At the end of the day, you are a business and need to have a good turnover. Sounds like the other minder would have space again for them, so let them - but that's just what I would do, am trying very hard to start as I mean to go on and treat this purely as a business transaction!

Speak to me again in 6 mths and I might say different though!!

i agree with lou

Banana
17-03-2008, 06:55 PM
agree with the above 2 posts

x

mum2two
17-03-2008, 06:55 PM
I know exactly what you mean (as do prob all of you!)

It's really hard not to get attached though. The mum's really nice, kids are alright, but I need the money more than I need nice kids... (well you know what I mean...)

Dh & my mum said 'well it's a business & you;ve got to do what's right for you.' But that doesn't help. It's easier said than done.

I'm just wondering what others would do in my situation. I'f I'm being wrong by getting rid of the ones I've got for more money...?

Kelly x

angeldelight
19-03-2008, 11:48 AM
What did you decide to do in the end Kelly?

Angel xx